Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Nothing will give me more joy than piling on more misery on klopp after what he did in the fa cup trying to make a example of our kids.

Be interesting to see how smith approaches this as we saw some awful performances from AEG luiz and sanson and some impressive ones from davis and trez

• Like 2

They looked really at it against Arsenal. I fear the worst in this game as they figured out that Fabinho has to play midfield not defence, Jota is fit again and scoring and they will want revenge for the 7-2. Cant see anything than a defeat Im afraid

• Like 1

They've won their last three games against Arsenal, Wolves and RB Leipzig, so are hardly in bad form at the moment. Obviously hoping for better, but if we can come away with a draw I think it would be a very good result.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, useless said:

They've won their last three games against Arsenal, Wolves and RB Leipzig, so are hardly in bad form at the moment. Obviously hoping for better, but if we can come away with a draw I think it would be a very good result.

Havent won at home in the league for 5 or 6 games. Dont know how much of a psychological factor that will be

Probably makes it all the more likely that they will win their next home game then, such runs have to come to an end at some point. Unfortunately for us our game against them as coincided with them finding their form again. Our best hope is our defence, we've kept a lot of clean sheets this season, if we can restrict Liverpool in a similar way then we'll have chance sneaking of sneaking a result.

• Like 1

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Nakamba McGinn Ramsey

Traore Davis Watkins

Assuming no Jack. We need to do something different. Harsh in Trez maybe and Traore blows hot and cold but he has the unexpected about him. Worried about this one as they are starting to pick up form will be out for revenge and we are without Jack. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Nakamba McGinn Ramsey

Traore Davis Watkins

Assuming no Jack. We need to do something different. Harsh in Trez maybe and Traore blows hot and cold but he has the unexpected about him. Worried about this one as they are starting to pick up form will be out for revenge and we are without Jack. 

I think I would go with that too but I doubt it will happen. And if Jack is fit, Davis won't get a look in which would be a shame. For me, Ramsey and Davis need to be in to bring some energy and attacking intent but I suspect we may err on the side of caution and get duly punished.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spineynorman said:

I think I would go with that too but I doubt it will happen. And if Jack is fit, Davis won't get a look in which would be a shame. For me, Ramsey and Davis need to be in to bring some energy and attacking intent but I suspect we may err on the side of caution and get duly punished.

I doubt we’d do it, but I wouldn’t mind

Luis  Nakamba  McGinn

Watkins  Davis  Grealish

More of a classic 4-3-3 with Davis false 9, scrap the wings and play on the counter. Luis and McGinn are the defensive support for the full backs instead, Davis sits on their play maker/centre backs and causes havoc. Switch Grealish for Traore or Trez if he’s still out.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

They will come out flying trying to turn the table on us. I have no idea what the result will be. We aren't the same team, but they are still pretty mediocre. 

1-1

Watkins

I think if there's no Jack:

----------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Cash----------Konsa----------Mings-----------Targett

-----------Sanson-----Nakamba----McGinn----------

-----------------------------Ramsey----------------------------

--------------------Davis-------------Watkins---------------

Although I'm open to Luiz in midfield and McGinn in the ten position, or even Barkley in the ten with the security of three behind him.

I'd even be tempted to:

----------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Cash-------Konsa-----Mings------Hause-----Targett

-----------Sanson-----Nakamba----McGinn----------

--------------------Davis-------------Watkins---------------

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Teams (and for that matter individual players, managers, coaches etc etc) on a bad run always have our fixture ticked off on the list, we are amazingly good at breaking other sides poor runs.

This comes up often. Every team forum I've ever been on says the same about their own club. It's a myth. It happens as much to us as it does to others. Although it doesn't feel like it.