Pre match thread

Demitri_C

This is one of those days where if we show them too much respect and lack confidence in our own abilities, we could lose by 2 or 3 goals. However, show no fear like the last 20 minutes against Fulham, then a surprise could be on the cards.

Trez has to start this game now (he deserves it) and personally I’d like Davis in to bully them a bit, but Smith just doesn’t start games with two front men, even if Watkins was pushed right or left. I would like Nakamba and Ramsey in to try and add energy and stop some of the supply to their front 3.  

Team I’d like to see start:

Martinez

Cash             Konsa                Mings               Targett

Nakamba

Watkins          Ramsey       McGinn             Trezeguet

Davis

Team that I think Smith will pick:

Martinez

Cash             Konsa                Mings               Targett

Luiz

Traore         Sanson        McGinn             Trezeguet

Watkins

Nobody expects us to win this, not even me really. However anything can happen in football and we’ve got a chance to make something happen. It’s always and if but if we can play to our best and catch Liverpool out, the points can be ours. I’m looking forward to it anyway. It’s quite nice to know that even if we lose it doesn’t have any catastrophic effect on our season. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Sanson not ion the squad?

I assume he's not fit because I am slightly disappointed with the bench, 4 defenders Inc Hause and Taylor, drop Taylor cos Hause can cover LB and stick someone else in there (I'm not saying i know who that someone else is...) 

Taylor on the bench always feels like a bit of a waste to me, we could use this seasons 9 sub rule a little better 

That's a minor bug bearer though not a complaint or criticism 

• Like 1

Predicted line up or real not sure but seen it just on an article ..(4-2-3-1): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson; Fabinho, Milner; Salah, Jones, Jota; Firmino.