Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 23:59

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I dont think luiz will get his place back any time soon. Nakamba has that position to loose now!

Luiz has to fight for his place.....but or me he is different to Nakamba....they could both play in the same team.

Luiz is  better passer or the ball.....Nakamba is a better enforcer.

31 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Fair play with this post and much respect 👏  

Buuuuuuut, they do make it hard to not have a few digs at them.

All I have seen from their 'fans' tonight is that it was a sh** game, we were lucky, Targett should have seen red (ignoring Klich should have seen red before) blah blah... 

The rest are nowhere to be seen after a defeat. Honestly every time it happens. Silence.

F*** em!

Ps superb battling performance by the lads tonight, well done Smith for getting the energy back in the midfield which let's face it we ALL knew was key. 

UTV 

Its just sour grapes.....i have sat on the doorstep of it for years, with the noses and the Albuyan.....just rise above it.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Luiz has to fight for his place.....but or me he is different to Nakamba....they could both play in the same team.

Luiz is  better passer or the ball.....Nakamba is a better enforcer.

Exactly.

That assist to Grealish in the Burnley game is a perfect indication to what Luiz can offer further forward and what i think his role will be in the future.

Everytime i see Luiz play i get the feeling his instincts are running forward. Defending don't seem natural to him.

With Nakamba it's the complete opposite.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I wish that version of AEG was always here

To be fair if AEG could consistently play to the full potential he has, he wouldn’t be at Villa. Let’s hope he can just get there more and more often.

26 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It’s terrifically satisfying that we have these options and competition. I think Dougie will find himself out for a while, which is great, I think he can find another level and this might be just what he needs. Hopefully the same goes for Nakamba too, he was robotically good tonight. Personally, I’d love to see more of Nakamba, I love players who make the game and their role look overly simple, I always thought that of Darren Anderton (who I watched every week while a student in Portsmouth).

Personally, I love it.....when a player, who is in doubt, with everyone, comes in a smacks us in the face with a performance like that....it takes character....so congrats to him and the coaching staff, for helping him.

Douglas Luiz for me is a different type and he will come back fighting, a rest may do him good.....if he treats it with positivity, it coukd be just what he needs.....I think he needs to play, further upfield, but that is just my take on it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d like to take a small slice of credit for the win. I put a fiver on a fourfold earlier, Baggies win, Man City win, Leeds win and Newcastle draw. I’m happy to say that Villa let me down for £170! 

Just to rub it in. I just collected 129 quid for an accumulator . Had the Villa, the Baggies, Barnsley to win and Derby and Newcastle games for a draw.

Even the sun shines on a dog's arse some day's . ( smile )

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Happy Birthday tomorrow TRO, I’m just a day behind you. And many, many years.....😁

Same to you Dave.....we got our present, right.

great result.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get what you're saying, I think we are all desperate for him to stay on this journey with us, and rooting for him. Love him to bits.

Hoping it's just an extended dip in form.

Can't quite picture Villa without him ATM.

He's one of us.

Is it really a dip in form or is he just doing what he always did? The difference is he has better players around him now so his contribution is just seen as normal or worse. In a poor side he stood out, in a better side he doesn’t but that should not diminish his importance to the team overall.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just sour grapes.....i have sat on the doorstep of it for years, with the noses and the Albuyan.....just rise above it.

A wise head, on old shoulders. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Tro.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Bamford is just a twunt isn’t he. Said Villa fans have to let go of the dive when he got banned, then he does this..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLz1ecWA9oh/?igshid=1vptrlh085fyc

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Classic Bamford. He’s found his perfect club. 

Not disagreeing with the Bamford comments, but this incident isn't him, it's Llorente (I think).

25 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Bamford is just a twunt isn’t he. Said Villa fans have to let go of the dive when he got banned, then he does this..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLz1ecWA9oh/?igshid=1vptrlh085fyc

That was Llorente wasn’t it?

Listening to Bamford speak after games. I actually like the guy. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Classic Bamford. He’s found his perfect club. 

I’m watching MOTD, the  Man City team walked out and despite them being the best team in the country I didn’t get the same feeling of arrogance from them that I did when I looked at the Leeds team. They really are an odious club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Fair play with this post and much respect 👏  

Buuuuuuut, they do make it hard to not have a few digs at them.

All I have seen from their 'fans' tonight is that it was a sh** game, we were lucky, Targett should have seen red (ignoring Klich should have seen red before) blah blah... 

The rest are nowhere to be seen after a defeat. Honestly every time it happens. Silence.

F*** em!

Ps superb battling performance by the lads tonight, well done Smith for getting the energy back in the midfield which let's face it we ALL knew was key. 

UTV 

Wakefield, if you do live up there you have my greatest sympathy in having to live amongst Leeds fans. I am sure you will greatly appreciate the result and the respite it may give you.

UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â