Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 23:59

What I find funny is that I see a load of Leeds fans on social media saying that we played a dull game "as expected", ignoring how we've been praised for playing attractive, fast paced football all season. To me, sounds like sour grapes that we found a way to counter them. I'm sure they'd have preferred that we do what they do and go all out and concede 3 or 4. Who knows, maybe we'd get the same level of blind praise that they do...

53 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

What I find funny is that I see a load of Leeds fans on social media saying that we played a dull game "as expected"

they can say what they want, they’ve only scored 5 more goals than us from 2 more matches. on the flip side they’ve conceded more than bottom placed Sheffield Utd with only the Baggies leakier. We’re the “dull” team that scored and won the match without our most exciting player. Not sure why they find so much pride in being able to score because they don’t defend.

• Like 1

It was a sweet, disciplined defensive performance, but I would put our performance against Man City above it. I know we came away pointless, but for their controversial first goal, it was looking extremely likely we were going to come away with at least a point. I think the disappointment of that game was the catalyst for our recent slump. Hopefully, after Saturday's fine showing, we can now go on another little run, and who knows? 

Anyone fancy us to end City's fine winning run ? Wouldn't that be fun.

I know it's been mentioned a few times already in this thread but my word that pitch was one of the worst I've ever seen.

How can that be allowed? Surely there must be some standard that it has to adhere to?

On 27/02/2021 at 23:31, stegzy said:

Well I put a quid on a tenfold, including Villa, and got 9 right with a missing Stoke goal meaning I missed out on £9500.

You got odds of almost 10,000/1 from 10 games....what the hell did you actually get right?

Hilarious to read the Yorkshire media's view on proceedings. All of their "experts" basically coming out with as many insults as they can muster about our "lucky win".  Aparantly we just scored a lucky goal and then parked the bus and spent the whole game "doing what we're known for by diving and fouling all through the game" tactics which they reckon the ref fell for! Oh & Targett should have had about 5 yellows apparently!

Talk about sour grapes 🤣

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was so weird. I am sort of institutionally conditioned to believe that we will concede late. It's so good to see us finally developing some steel to see these out after too many weak-assed years.

Bielsa for president.. .ahahahahaha

• Like 1

18 hours ago, a m ole said:

they can say what they want, they’ve only scored 5 more goals than us from 2 more matches. on the flip side they’ve conceded more than bottom placed Sheffield Utd with only the Baggies leakier. We’re the “dull” team that scored and won the match without our most exciting player. Not sure why they find so much pride in being able to score because they don’t defend.

There are so many other odious complaints from the band of muppet Leeds fans posting on social media:

• Villa players falling over ... really, when they present that skating rink of a pitch for a PL football match;
  • Villa players play acting ... really, when Llorente made out that he had been shot and then bounced back up to take on Ollie - so blatant that even the much maligned Hinchcliffe called that one right;
  • Targett fouling when Klich was just walking around like a petulant school kid just shoving people over; and, even more bizzarely
  • calling out Smith for encouraging AEG to take on Ayling telling him that he was better than Ayling - just what every manager does to his players that need confidence.

They truly are the worst bunch of fans in the league and completely devoid of any common sense or respect for others.

I can't help but like Bielsa - he appears a gent (although I massively disagreed with his appraisal of this game) - and he is too good for that motley bunch!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Hilarious to read the Yorkshire media's view on proceedings. All of their "experts" basically coming out with as many insults as they can muster about our "lucky win".  Aparantly we just scored a lucky goal and then parked the bus and spent the whole game "doing what we're known for by diving and fouling all through the game" tactics which they reckon the ref fell for! Oh & Targett should have had about 5 yellows apparently!

Talk about sour grapes 🤣

What a bunch of penis pouches.

Hope they all choke to death on one of the many Leedszzz man-buns.

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

There are so many other odious complaints from the band of muppet Leeds fans posting on social media:

• Villa players falling over ... really, when they present that skating rink of a pitch for a PL football match;
  • Villa players play acting ... really, when Llorente made out that he had been shot and then bounced back up to take on Ollie - so blatant that even the much maligned Hinchcliffe called that one right;
  • Targett fouling when Klich was just walking around like a petulant school kid just shoving people over; and, even more bizzarely
  • calling out Smith for encouraging AEG to take on Ayling telling him that he was better than Ayling - just what every manager does to his players that need confidence.

They truly are the worst bunch of fans in the league and completely devoid of any common sense or respect for others.

I can't help but like Bielsa - he appears a gent (although I massively disagreed with his appraisal of this game) - and he is too good for that motley bunch!  

spacer.png

Pep made a cute reference the other day to a 1-0 win.....He had a twinkle in his eye and a rye smile...intimating he likes them.

There is something that smacks game management about it.......Only good sides win 1-0.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Pep made a cute reference the other day to a 1-0 win.....He had a twinkle in his eye and a rye smile...intimating he likes them.

There is something that smacks game management about it.......Only good sides win 1-0.

The stats now show it. I think we have dropped the least points from a winning position - 3 I believe - if we get ahead we can now hold on.  A far cry from last year. 

Personally, I think these speaks more about the on field talent - in particular the back 5 - than Smith's game management as I don't think he ever really makes tactical changes to effect a game like that. Martinez has been unbelievable, both as a keeper but, importantly, as a leader and the four in front of him have all really stepped up.  Importantly, they have also been incredibly robust and managed to play every game so the cohesion is strong and the lack of depth at full back has not been an issue as yet.

Long may it continue ... or at least for the next 13 games!

8 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

The stats now show it. I think we have dropped the least points from a winning position - 3 I believe - if we get ahead we can now hold on.  A far cry from last year. 

Personally, I think these speaks more about the on field talent - in particular the back 5 - than Smith's game management as I don't think he ever really makes tactical changes to effect a game like that. Martinez has been unbelievable, both as a keeper but, importantly, as a leader and the four in front of him have all really stepped up.  Importantly, they have also been incredibly robust and managed to play every game so the cohesion is strong and the lack of depth at full back has not been an issue as yet.

Long may it continue ... or at least for the next 13 games!

I agree.

Barry, I was referring to the players as well as the manager.....

On 01/03/2021 at 10:00, Nigel said:

You got odds of almost 10,000/1 from 10 games....what the hell did you actually get right?

I can’t post pics on here as only allows tiny file size but I got 9 results correct and only lost out to Stoke losing 2-1. You get very big odds on 10 game acca, even picking favourites, and I didn’t pick all the favourites at all.

Â