Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 23:59

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Sorry Delph but all Nakambas stats are better than the players you mention.  Better tackling success, more individual duels won, better passing success, more turnovers, more interceptions.

His role is to defend, and he was the best at that tonight, and 45% of fans agree he was motm, more than double any other player.

And that’s fine, that’s what it’s all about. Different opinions are healthy 😉 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Remember, Mings isn’t in the team for his forward passing, right...?

That stat is so misleading as well. Mings has to clear the ball so often, which includes covering the fullbacks for balls over the top and clearing down the line.

Nakambas successful passing, I’d argue, were the short, sharp passes in the middle between him and the centre half’s/full backs. 

Anyway, I genuinely don’t care what the stats say, I thought Nakamba played very well, I just thought Mings was an absolute rock and my MOTM. Happy for you to use the stats against me though. 

You're making my point for me.  Neither of them are in their for their forward passing, but if you use it to beat one, you have to use it to beat both otherwise you are presenting a biased view.

So, thanks for confirming you bias.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Targett’s transformation from last season has been remarkable. Most people would agree that he looked lightweight but could pass and create, nobody can doubt his toughness now. One of my favourite players. 

The longer Grealish is out, the closer he gets to the POTS award. He’s been phenomenal. What a transformation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

You're making my point for me.  Neither of them are in their for their forward passing, but if you use it to beat one, you have to use it to beat both otherwise you are presenting a biased view.

So, thanks for confirming you bias.

My bias? I said Nakamba played well? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Targett’s transformation from last season has been remarkable. Most people would agree that he looked lightweight but could pass and create, nobody can doubt his toughness now. One of my favourite players. 

He's been phenomenal. I don't think he's ever played worse than a 7/10 all season. I'd say he has pretty much all the aspects needed to be a top level full back. He has a bit of everything. After Grealish I think he's been our best player and I'm sure Southgate must have noticed. He deserves to be at least considered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Nakamba's pass completion tonight was 89% the highest pass completion of anyone in a villa shirt.

I thought he was very, very good....his ability to win the ball as opposed to just block the ball, is gratifying...we know he misses a few passes, but they all do.

great to have him in the squad....he definately gives us a bit of steel.

Haven't read the rest of this thread but N'golo Nakamba was simply superb. What a player, exactly what we've been missing. Sometimes fans get it wrong with their opinions but sometimes we get it right. Today was one of those times. Barkley just hasn't been up to it. Douglas Luiz possibly needs a rest or a reality check. Either way, Nakamba and Ramsey came in tonight and showed them both up. We have a player in Ramsey, its beautiful to see.

Great performance, Dean Smith tactically out smarted Bielsa ball. 

No wonder Bielsa wanted Grealish to play, he worked out how to stop us WITH Grealish, he didn't have a scooby without. 

UTV

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's been phenomenal. I don't think he's ever played worse than a 7/10 all season. I'd say he has pretty much all the aspects needed to be a top level full back. He has a bit of everything. After Grealish I think he's been our best player and I'm sure Southgate must have noticed. He deserves to be at least considered. 

He has to be close to an england call up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Probably our most improved player.

• Like 2

Just now, Ouchmefoot said:

Southgate was in the stands.

Mings, Konsa, Targett and Ollie didn't harm their England prospects.

Can't say the same about whiney Bamford 

Thought they were all superb tonight. Watkins problem will always be Kane being in front of him - he’s a superb player and probably on another level to Ollie.

Mings and Konsa are as good as any other English centre half in the league. It’s an area where I don’t think there is any outstanding candidate for the England side. 

I'm glad Smith changed it, Barkley just has no energy. His replacement Ramsey offers us so much more in pace, he's quick too and was tracking back well.

Nakamba was awesome, he was unlucky to be dropped after some good performances earlier in the season.

El Ghazi was nearly my MOTM, great finish, took players on, tracked back. Seven goals in the PL for him!

Mings was MOTM for me, organised the defence, constantly shouting and encouraging the team.

A word on DIRTY Leeds, they are so dirty. Klich seems to have the sole role of fouling, barely saw him touch the ball with his feet.

Bamford also a moaning, cheating word removed. He's been teaching Llorente a thing or too unfortunately. 

Â