Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

So, without Grealish available you’d still drop two of your better midfielders?

We need all the experience and craft we can field. 

On form they aren't. I'd rather go Sanson and Nakamba or Ramsay.  

I'll.be pleasantly surprised if we're anything but battered 

43 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You said we didn't turn up at all. I disagreed. Still do. 

Anyway, let's hope we do better today. 

Yep. I'd argue 3-4 goals in 45 minutes qualifies for not turning up. 

But yes, lets hope we turn up today. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

We're still capable of getting a result even without Grealish, if not then that wouldn't say much for the job that Smith has done if he's so reliant on one player after spending £200m plus. Thankfully we've now got other players in our team who can also cause the opposoition problems, so shouldn't be as reliant on Grealish as we've been in the past. I still believe that we're capable of beating Leicester and they're capable of beating us.

Agreed. I think people are just looking for excuses early. 

Jack missing will be a loss but others have to step up in his absence. We especially need Barkley to perform as he's our most creative outlet after Jack, though in fairness he is very lucky to start given his recent form. 

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Gutted.

My only lol is Rodgers playing two fullbacks on the right cos he thought Grealish was playing. 

And this is exactly why you keep things like this under wraps.

Regardless of people moaning or questioning why the club wouldn't say anything.

• Like 1

Players gets injured. Happens. We need to see what we are like anyway if Jack does go in the summer. Cash a big loss too. Great to see the " best 16 year old in England " on the bench. Really think we should try add Dwight McNeil in the summer.

• Like 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

I don’t get that. Losing Jack and replacing him with AEG makes it even easier to get at our defence. We will be even more open than usual! Leicester could get 4 or 5 here. Absolute suicide.

Yep, unfortunately we're not blessed with many players who can play on the left. This is all a consequence of Smith not wanting to change shape, which he arguably should have done after losing his best player with no equivalent back-up. Presumably the injury didn't happen yesterday, so he's had time to develop a Plan B.

I know this will be unpopular but I need to say it, I'm starting to feel very disillusioned with the fact that we are set up to play the same the same way week after week, even after losing our best players and one of the season's star defenders to injury.

You can't just "square peg, round hole" it against a top 4 team, you need a decent bloody plan.

Normally when a team gives up the middle of the park it's because they're putting men behind the ball and breaking.

We seem to be doing the opposite of that - as soon as Leicester get the ball in midfield we'll have four people the wrong side of it - they'll be spectators - we then have six outfield players dealing with Barnes, Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi and the Leicester full backs. That for me is more of an issue than losing Jack.

I think it'll be really difficult to win this with the shape we're playing - I think we'll need to score four.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're a knock away from a back four of:

Targett-------Mings--------Elmo-------Kesler

Almost forgot Engels existed he's injured that often, or completely unfavoured?

There's no note of an injury to my knowledge but when we're down to bare bones there's still no sight of him.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Can the club please be honest with us and tell us what's going on with Jack?

Why would you want to give any opposition a heads up to when he will play?

What good will come from us knowing?

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Grealish out and Barkley still not dropped. Yeah I'm not watching this. Good luck.

You know you won;t be able to help it.

You don't get to not shit yourselves with the rest of us. Piss off. lol

You're coming and that's all there is to it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3