Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

God forbid if player X gets injured is nonsense worrying for the sake of it. Every club in the league could suffer from this. What if Konsa or Mings get injured Grealish etc etc etc. What if Salah and Mane both get injured

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Big Keinan fan but he simply won't get a consistent run of games with us. Best to go out on loan and show what he can do.

I think we’ve moved or progressed beyond him… he simply does not contribute (enough) goals and it would be best for him to forge a career elsewhere. Most likely, in the Championship.

Keinan comes across a bit dopey at times too… not accusing him of lacking motivation or anything but he could give that impression sometimes. Maybe moreso a lack of drive/determination. I think he desperately needs a decent/long run of games, that won’t and shouldn’t happen here.

He’s not a finisher, which is what we need when we are building a strong team  and have players/forwards behind/around that CF position who will create and work their socks off in every game. We don’t just need hustle n bustle, we need deadly finishers…

Ollie is the complete package and Keinan simply does not compare. I can never see him even coming close to that level… and Ollie still has levels he can reach or get to…

A fit and firing Wesley can offer something different and he’s shown that he can clearly finish. We will create a lot of chances this season…

We invested fairly heavily in him too…

We can’t be overly sentimental and we can’t afford to stand still. Cannot just carry players in the squad, especially those who do not possess enough quality or aren’t reliable options. We’re out to try and win every game possible. Goals win games & everyone needs to contribute (according to their role/position) to help us get to where we want to be…

Good luck to him, but I think it’s time to move on… 

Of course, Dean and co may think differently. At the very least, he must get out on loan and show what he can do as we have younger players who will surpass him and will continue to bring in players that are superior to him.

He’s not a kid or prospect anymore, needs to get out there and consistently perform for someone. Has been injury prone and needs to show that that’s no longer the case for him…

If we move him on, we can bring a better option in or even promote a youngster such as Barry and/or Young should they be deemed ready. They don’t find it so difficult to hit the back of the net either…

• Like 1

Heard that we are monitoring Wayne Hennessey for a backup keeper.

Personally, I would be disgusted by Villa signing him, after that unforgivable salute he didn't even apologise for. What a massive contradiction this signing would be to all the brilliant work that the Club, and in particular Tyrone Mings, have done to improve diversity and inclusivity. I take a lot of pride in the fact that Villa were the first team to take the knee back in June last year, so to sign someone so stupid and immature would be a really poor step in my opinion, and could really undermine the good work already done.

Please Villa don't sign idiots like him 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Personally, I would be disgusted by Villa signing him, after that unforgivable salute he didn't even apologise for. What a massive contradiction this signing would be to all the brilliant work that the Club, and in particular Tyrone Mings, have done to improve diversity and inclusivity. I take a lot of pride in the fact that Villa were the first team to take the knee back in June last year, so to sign someone so stupid and immature would be a really poor step in my opinion, and could really undermine the good work already done.

Off to Burnley apparently.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

• Like 1

As it's quiet today lets summarise the rumours shall we:

• Another goalkeeper as backup/competition for Steer.
  • A decision to be made about Guilbert as RB (personally, I hope he stays)
  • Another Centre Back following Engels departure to bring us up to 4, and provide competition for Konsa and Mings
  • A Centre Midfielder capable of Defensive/Staying Deep responsibilities
  • A flexible Left Wing/Behind the Striker attacker
  • Giving Wesley a chance in training so no immediate need for another Forward

I think we will likely spend our largest outlay on that Left Wing/Attack Mid position. If we were willing to offer £35m for ESR, that would signal as such. This might be Alvarez, who despite reports, can play anywhere across the three behind the striker positions, but will just need time to get used to what's required of him in whichever position in our structure. Personally I think Alvarez is not so much a "this summer needs" target, but more a youth target to eventually take over from Trezeguet who I think will be sold next summer. Buying Alvarez early gives him a year to fully aclimatise. This is what good teams too - buy early, let them settle, integrate in team naturally. We could end up buying two to cover this slot - someone for the starting eleven, plus Alvarez.

I think we will also spend considerably on that Centre Back option. Over £10m easy. We currently only have 3 senior Centre Backs. Should either Konsa or Mings get injured, we would curently be in a sticky sitution.

The Defensive Midfielder is probably more of a "nice to have" option. We have players who can play there, although Luiz will be at the Olympics at the start. It's evident Smith would like more options here. If the talk of us not meeting Pepe Sarr's asking price is true (and I'm still thinking this is negotating talk at this stage) it would suggest we would only get someone here for the right price - no need to push it.

I think for Goalkeeper we will pick up a free agent with Premier League experience. Someone like Paulo Gazzaniga.

So anywhere between 3 to 6 further new signings would be my guess.

Everyone who played in the latter stages Copa America or Euros is likely going to have three weeks off. Bare that in mind when thinking about when announcements might be made - they would either be this week, before holidays, or towards the start of August.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wes said:
  • Giving Wesley a chance in training so no immediate need for another Forward

I’m not sure what else we would do? They’re not going to not let him train, whether he’s in the first team plans or not. I agree with the other points though. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure what else we would do? They’re not going to not let him train, whether he’s in the first team plans or not. I agree with the other points though. 

Apologies - think my wording wasn't particularly great here. You are absolutely right - of course they're going to let him train 😄! What I was trying to imply was that I don't believe another Striker in is on the horizon at the moment. They seem to be happy with Wesley and monitoring his progress in training - for this window at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Comments on this are interesting. Apparently Livramento is extremely highly rated and we've been linked previously?

They’ve all been demoted to the U16’s … Lewis Bate is a similar talent to Gilmour from what I’ve been reading and Livramento can cover both FB/WB positions & RW … Be interesting to see if our interest goes any further in him …