Pre - Match Thread

MaVilla

Dare I say early subs please, even we can see when players are blowing, gotta start being around 60 now the seasons moving on. Always remember O'Neil hated to make a sub, burnt out by 2 third of the season and stopped us going any further in my eyes.

i think luiz needed to be dropped personnally. think he's escaped criticism last few weeks when IMO he's been like the pre-covid luiz for 2-3 weeks now. giving the ball away frequently etc.

i'd like to see sanson earlier though today please deano

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Dare I say early subs please, even we can see when players are blowing, gotta start being around 60 now the seasons moving on. Always remember O'Neil hated to make a sub, burnt out by 2 third of the season and stopped us going any further in my eyes.

We will see early subs if we go a goal down.

If not probably in the 85th 88th minute mark

Edited by villalad21

Weird, looks like Luiz is the fall guy for barkley....

If barkley doesn't do the business today both in atrack and defensively he needs to be dropped.

Personally my midfield 3 would have been mcginn, Luiz and sanson.

Like most I'm concerned for this game, for me the two players to drop would have been Barkley and McGinn, pleased for Marvelous getting his start on merit rather than through injury I just think that the wrong player has made way for him

It'll be interesting to see if bringing Nakamba in will mean that we persist in trying the shape with two eights rather than two holders and a ten. If Smith see's Nakamab as offering a more disciplined holding option to allow McGinn to get forward I think we'll be in trouble - for this to work we'll need both Nakamba and McGinn holding - if we do that, it allows Barkley to not have to worry about the defensive work he's awful at and concentrate on the forward work he's much better than. To get the best out of Barkley we need to sacrifice some of the stuff McGinn is good at.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i think luiz needed to be dropped personnally. think he's escaped criticism last few weeks when IMO he's been like the pre-covid luiz for 2-3 weeks now. giving the ball away frequently etc.

i'd like to see sanson earlier though today please deano

Spit Take GIF - Spit Take Laugh GIFs

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting to see if bringing Nakamba in will mean that we persist in trying the shape with two eights rather than two holders and a ten. If Smith see's Nakamab as offering a more disciplined holding option to allow McGinn to get forward I think we'll be in trouble - for this to work we'll need both Nakamba and McGinn holding - if we do that, it allows Barkley to not have to worry about the defensive work he's awful at and concentrate on the forward work he's much better than. To get the best out of Barkley we need to sacrifice some of the stuff McGinn is good at.

Yeah, I think we will see Mcginn push more. 

I'm not a fan of nakamba but I'm glad to see him in today. I'm hoping he plays as well as he did against Newcastle. 

In principle, McGinn and Nakamba holding gives us enough at the back to allow for Traore, Grealish and Barkley to not have to worry too much about the work - Watkins will do the graft up front and the rest will cover them - it might work well.

I just don't know how you look at the last two or three games and decide it is Luiz who needs a rest/is the problem. Or maybe DS read the news wrong and thought it was our Luiz that wasn't available...

I can see the argument for leaving the team completely alone find their form again but this change is odd. Furthermore, in the few positions we have choices, he's chosen less defensive players against a very attacking Arsenal - Traore really needs to work today otherwise we'll be overrun, we can't afford 5 minutes of sublime attacking touch and 85mins of watching the game pass him by...

Xaka & Partey vs McGinn & Barkley looks a mismatch on current form, hopefully Nakamba can neutralize Smith-Rowe.

Barkley & McGinn really need to show why they get picked.

I maintain I have a bad feeling about this one. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Mad that you can see it but professional coaches, with state of art technology tracking these players can't. 

Who to trust. So difficult to decide.