Pre - Match Thread

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I assume Leno and David Luiz will be absent for Arsenal versus us? (both got sent off versus Wolves - 2 x straight reds)

Is a slight irony that of all the teams they play next ,it is us with the best keeper they have had in years and they won't have Leno  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

Is a slight irony that of all the teams they play next ,it is us with the best keeper they have had in years and they won't have Leno  

So if they had kept Martinez, then Emi would have been in goal for them rather than for us 😬😬😀😀

They have switched their system up since the last time we played. Them playing 4 at the back will give them a bit more defensive support against our wingers then they had in the 3-0 earlier in the season. 

They were playing some decent stuff last night, against a pretty dire Wolves side it has to be said. They're a more concerning outfit this time around but if we win our individual battles I think we will do well. Could be another big game for our fullbacks as Arsenal have been finding joy in the ball behind the opposition full back into a winger. Need to make sure we pick our spots against them and don't overcommit, as the quick transitions could hurt us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kjøttbacken said:

Commentators said today when Runarsson came on that he’s Iceland’s nr 1, so I guess he’s not that green.

Yeah, he's just crap. Just basically throws the ball into his own net. The Icelandic Nyland.

17 hours ago, Kjøttbacken said:

Commentators said today when Runarsson came on that he’s Iceland’s nr 1, so I guess he’s not that green.

He's not, didn't play either game v England in nations league.

If you watch a Runnarson showreel.....