Match Thread: DO NOT LINK TO OR ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

We’ve been just excellent and in complete control. Should have been out of sight already, really. I’m very confident we’ll grab at least one more, though. 

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

So where does this new chap fit in again!?

I rate him highly. I reckon it'll be one of McGinn or Luiz, depending on the day, and matchup. Barkley is brilliant but also can be liable for a high risk low reward attempt at something, Sanson is well polished so could take any of those threes spot.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've had 38 efforts on goal in three halves against these and scored once.

Really you'd be looking for five or six normally from those chances.

Seems like they are like that this season against most teams, so we aren’t alone. They don’t score themselves either.

Just now, One For The Road said:

Why oh why is Traore on set pieces. Has he ever beat the first man from any cross or hit the target with any free kick?

So frustrating.

Other than that, what a performance from the whole team. Need to get a 2nd tho.

I want to see Jack take them

This should already be game over but unfortunately not the case. 

Just get that 2nd goal and we've got this, hopefully it doesn't stay a nervy 1-0 for too long and our missed chances come back to bite us. 

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

What is it with Burnley and good fortune?! This is another game where they should be 4-0 down and game over by halftime, yet somehow they’re still in with a chance at just the 1-0. It’s incredible good fortune, nothing else. 

Nick Pope.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why oh why is Traore on set pieces. Has he ever beat the first man from any cross or hit the target with any free kick?

So frustrating.

Other than that, what a performance from the whole team. Need to get a 2nd tho.

Pretty sure he already has 2 assist, both from dead balls. 

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

What is it with Burnley and good fortune?! This is another game where they should be 4-0 down and game over by halftime, yet somehow they’re still in with a chance at just the 1-0. It’s incredible good fortune, nothing else. 

totally agree, they are so lucky