Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Look I don't think Sanson is better than JJ Luiz, Kamara or McGinn. You can argue on McGinn because of his form atm. 

Same with Buendia, he's a good player but he's not consistent. He's also not quick so limits his overall use. Plus Coutinho is a very good player too.

People always pick players who aren't in the team as needing to be started if the team aren't doing well. It's a grip as old as time.

Sanson just isn't better than his competition. The midfield look like they're worse than they are because of the system and the need for full backs to know when to be defending or attacking. So if they are too far forward and lose possession the midfield covering can be exposed.

It's modern football. Team setup and tactics can make certain players look worse. Like no CDM in front of CBs for example 

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The frustration is mostly because he's never had the same opportunities as the rest of the midfield, meaning we don't actually know how good he is or isn't. In my opinion he's never looked worst than any other player when he has played, that's an opinion not fact, something people struggle with. I certainly also think that he can't be any worse than McGinn. Luis and JJ have also had some awful games.

Round and round in circles we go with the same arguments.

While our midfield is unbalanced and cut through like butter people will speculate about Sanson, if that changes with Dendonker playing or hell freezes over and Sanson gets some match time then this thread might actually say something new. 

I hope he gets a loan somewhere just so I don't have to read 'he gets better the less he plays and two managers didn't pick him so he must be garbage' etc.

Yeah but did you just suggest he’s the best player in the world? Because he isn’t you know

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yeah but did you just suggest he’s the best player in the world? Because he isn’t you know

I did, in fact I think we should try and clone him, we only need four of him and then we can sack the rest of the team as 4 Sansons is all we need to win. Maybe clone another couple we then don't play who will get even better because they don't play. 

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I did, in fact I think we should try and clone him, we only need four of him and then we can sack the rest of the team as 4 Sansons is all we need to win. Maybe clone another couple we then don't play who will get even better because they don't play. 

My wife votes yes to cloning 4 Sansons. Just send one of the clones to our house and she’ll be happy with me watching football all day. 

• Haha 3

On 05/09/2022 at 09:18, ender4 said:

So what happens to Sanson now that he didn't get a transfer or loan away and Gerrard won't ever put him in the match-day squad. 

Does he just chill at home and play FIFA until January?

Same for Guilbert as well i guess.

Both are enjoying their pay days. Not good enough for the premier league and they wont put in a transfer request because they ill have a pay cut. For Sanson we have another 2 years of him enjoying his all expenses paid vacation. Must be nice. Purslow and Lange have done some great business but they really messed this one up. They bought a dud on a long term contract and we cant shift him.

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Both are enjoying their pay days. Not good enough for the premier league and they wont put in a transfer request because they ill have a pay cut. For Sanson we have another 2 years of him enjoying his all expenses paid vacation. Must be nice. Purslow and Lange have done some great business but they really messed this one up. They bought a dud on a long term contract and we cant shift him.

I would imagine Sanson is pretty keen to play football, not many footballers want to be paid to do nothing as this level, unless you are Ross McCormack.

I don't think he's a dud either, just poorly managed, could be he is a dud but until he gets some games we will never know and that's not happening either.

Funny how there is a 'should get more chances camp'

a 'looked decent when he did play, camp'

and the 'arrrgh he's rubbish, clearly its all his fault he doesn't get played, camp'

None of those camps wallow in facts. It's just conjecture.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Look I don't think Sanson is better than JJ Luiz, Kamara or McGinn. You can argue on McGinn because of his form atm. 

Same with Buendia, he's a good player but he's not consistent. He's also not quick so limits his overall use. Plus Coutinho is a very good player too.

People always pick players who aren't in the team as needing to be started if the team aren't doing well. It's a grip as old as time.

Sanson just isn't better than his competition. The midfield look like they're worse than they are because of the system and the need for full backs to know when to be defending or attacking. So if they are too far forward and lose possession the midfield covering can be exposed.

It's modern football. Team setup and tactics can make certain players look worse. Like no CDM in front of CBs for example 

Do you really think he's not better than McGinn? Possibly arguably better than JJ as a CM as well right now. Part of me thinks he will end up as an AM.

Sanson the previous top assister in Ligue 1, could you see McGinn doing that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Sanson the previous top assister in Ligue 1, could you see McGinn doing that?

Sanson was also in or around the  99th percentile for pressures in Europe's top 5 leagues for 3+ seasons, while our side has apparently forgotten how to run.

• Like 4

I’m surprised there’s still talk about Sanson being given a chance.

It’s clear he has done something bad to upset the manager. Now I’m no fan of Gerrard but for the club to back the manager in bombing out a 15m player on high wages, whatever he did can’t be trivial. 

No point having bed eggs around the squad. Especially when struggling.

Seems he might be going to Galatasaray. Also says he was set to join Espanyol but move fell through at last minute due to registration issue?

Galatasaray interested in loaning Aston Villa’s Morgan Sanson – Get French Football News (getfootballnewsfrance.com)

Sacha Tavolieri is reporting that Turkish side Galatasaray are interested in loaning Aston Villa’s French midfielder Morgan Sanson (28). 

The Frenchman has struggled for game time since arriving at Villa Park from Marseille in January 2021. Having arrived for a reported €15m, he was expected to become an important element in Aston Villa’s midfield, however, since arriving he has only made 19 Premier League appearances. Last season, he only featured 10 times in the league. 

Sanson almost moved to Catalan side Espanyol during the summer transfer window, but his move fell through at the last minute due to a registration issue. However, the former France U21 international could yet get his move away from the Premier League club. 

Edited by blandy
extract added

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

His xG is so high almost entirely because of that goal he scored that Ollie put on a plate for him. 

Yeah.

Haaland has 12 goals almost entirely because his team mates have put them on a plate for him.

(and that goal he scored was actually a 1-2 with Ollie)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yeah.

Haaland has 12 goals almost entirely because his team mates have put them on a plate for him.

(and that goal he scored was actually a 1-2 with Ollie)

My point was that its a single potentially very low probability event that's massivelty affecting his averages. Considering the tiny sample sizes, you cannot take any conclusion away from those stats. 

Also why are we looking at xG here in the first place? Surely we should be looking at xA here considering both are supposed to be creators. 

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

My point was that its a single potentially very low probability event that's massivelty affecting his averages. Considering the tiny sample sizes, you cannot take any conclusion away from those stats. 

Also why are we looking at xG here in the first place? Surely we should be looking at xA here considering both are supposed to be creators. 

more to the point, why are we looking at Buendia’s stats in the Sanson thread?

(maybe, just maybe, I was responding to another posters statement?)

Your first paragraph is 100% correct.  It is a tiny tiny sample and you can not draw much of a conclusion from it.  What you CAN say is that in 266 minutes, Coutinho hasn’t contributed, nor looked like contributing anything creatively.

Your last paragraph I’m going to ignore as just plain stupid.

Â