Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Havent seen anything that makes him stand out in the first two preseason matches.  I do feel a run of games is important for all players. I recall the likes of Angel and Petrov looking extremely ordinary during their first few months with the club. The problem with Sanson is that when the run of games was available to him, he was injured. 1.5 years in, it might be too late to give him a proper chance. 

• Like 3

I guess the issue with our midfield three currently for me, isn't first eleven quality, it's how they complement each other and work as a unit, mostly from a ball retention POV. I mean that for in possession and out of it.

Maybe with Kamara that changes, I'm sure it will. However from what we've seen to date, I think we are going to want better competition, and reliable competition, than Nakamba and Sanson.

I don't really have any issues with our attackers who will play up front. Not if we are discussing areas to strengthen. 

• Like 2

I'm going to give the lad the benefit of the doubt for the time being. As with Bailey and several others in the past we've found out that many of the foreign players need quite a bit of time to adjust. Especially physically which is why many of them have periods of niggling injuries until their personal physique undergoes something of an alteration for the intense demands of PL football. 

I think if he get's himself into tip top shape, match fit with a good pre season behind him we may finally see him settle down and become a valuable asset. I haven't given up on him yet but it' on him to start delivering when he gets minutes.  

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm going to give the lad the benefit of the doubt for the time being. As with Bailey and several others in the past we've found out that many of the foreign players need quite a bit of time to adjust. Especially physically which is why many of them have periods of niggling injuries until their personal physique undergoes something of an alteration for the intense demands of PL football. 

I think if he get's himself into tip top shape, match fit with a good pre season behind him we may finally see him settle down and become a valuable asset. I haven't given up on him yet but it' on him to start delivering when he gets minutes.  

Problem is will the coaching team/ selection bods at villa give him the benefit of the doubt. ?

Edited by hippo

He looked a lot leaner and fitter when pre season began tbh. There is a player in there and we have seen glimpses of it before, when he was doing well in one game he was then benched and didnt start again I don't think which was a shame. Also against Chelsea I think it was on boxing day he looked quite good but messed up and gave the ball away which resulted in a goal for them and then we didnt see much of him after due to not being given a chance and injuries. Having 5 subs this year will mean he will play more, but i think hes good enough to get into the starting 11

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

He looked a lot leaner and fitter when pre season began tbh. There is a player in there and we have seen glimpses of it before, when he was doing well in one game he was then benched and didnt start again I don't think which was a shame. Also against Chelsea I think it was on boxing day he looked quite good but messed up and gave the ball away which resulted in a goal for them and then we didnt see much of him after due to not being given a chance and injuries. Having 5 subs this year will mean he will play more, but i think hes good enough to get into the starting 11

Your correct but the game was against Utd.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roitorb said:

Your correct but the game was against Utd.

He was great that game up until the cock-up…

and he knew it, which is why he was so visibly upset with himself…

Imagine doing all the right things for 99% of the time and really being able to show what you’re made of… and then making one wrong move…

I’d be devastated…

• Like 1

Â