Pre-match thread

ender4

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Perhaps. We'll get plenty of counter attack chances tonight like Zagreb did just running at them so I'd have prefer AEG, feels like Trez will make too many stupid decisions with poor shots and passes.

Could understand it more if we had AEM at RB for this still and Son was up and down the left and it's more obvious selection.

We'll see.

Yeah, they’re both as frustrating as each other if we’re being honest. Anwar much more likely to score, Trez much more likely to track back and help out defensively. Fine balance

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll never understand why some fans , without fail, go into meltdown at every team announcement, as if we somehow get a new squad every match day and there are players we've signed in secret which we are waiting to reveal. Lol

Usual bunch. It's so trite.

It's the best line-up we have at present, and Barkley does give us an option from the bench.

Cash back is a big boost.

Maybe we will see some Sanson va-va-voom.

The game is up for grabs.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Perhaps. We'll get plenty of counter attack chances tonight like Zagreb did just running at them so I'd have prefer AEG, feels like Trez will make too many stupid decisions with poor shots and passes.

Could understand it more if we had AEM at RB for this still and Son was up and down the left and it's more obvious selection.

We'll see.

I wouldn't count on many counters, spurs like to sit back and do that exact thing and wait for teams to cock up and then they hit them on counter.

They will try to use our attacking football against us and I'm dreading this game.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just can't see the player who is gonna pick up the ball and make the difference.

Watching the Villa without Grealish is just underwhelming

3-1 Spurs

genuine question...If you have blocked someone why is it you can see their posts..asking for a friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah, they’re both as frustrating as each other if we’re being honest. Anwar much more likely to score, Trez much more likely to track back and help out defensively. Fine balance

God damn someone clone a complete player out of them FFS.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Well the jokes on them then

You watch when Ming's comes up to join our attacks, I hope someone is ready to sprint tonight to cover his slow ass, in all caution I'd make him stay back period.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh we’ve been shit but we haven’t been conceding that many. You don’t concede goals you always have a chance.  It’s how we stayed up!

Yeah. We've been playing Bruce  ball.

Keep the door shut and hope to nick a goal and hold on

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

genuine question...If you have blocked someone why is it you can see their posts..asking for a friend

What's point of blocking on here, this isn't twatter or FaceF*CK.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

But he;s on the bench

He was on the bench last game and was forced on early due to an injury to Traore.

Cash was on the bench last game too. Difference being he didn't come on and get a niggle so he's now ready to start this game. 

Whether or not you agree with it, easing players back in from the bench is something Smith does quite often so it's not that surprising. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh we’ve been shit but we haven’t been conceding that many. You don’t concede goals you always have a chance.  It’s how we stayed up!

I think abit of Brucey bonus tonight and make the game boring would actually piss spurs off, then counter if we have an opening.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Usual bunch. It's so trite.

It's the best line-up we have at present, and Barkley does give us an option from the bench.

Cash back is a big boost.

Maybe we will see some Sanson va-va-voom.

The game is up for grabs.

image.gif.914846a0ef3757ce69e497c85c4a3b75.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Time for Sanson to show what we have seen on Youtube , He is the one that could really make a difference tonight. So pleased to see Cash back hope he is match fit 

Bet Bale gets mentioned more than any other player even while he is on the bench