Pre-match thread

ender4

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's the side I'd have picked with no Grealish - Trez/AEG is 50/50 for me but everything else is pretty straightforward.

If we get at them early they'll beat themselves.

Same

Its our best GK, defence, midfield 3 and striker the only weakness is grealish missing which is out of our control 

Replacing a 10/10 player with either a 5/10 player who takes a shot on or a 5/10 player who works hard, doesn't really bother me which Smith picks because I don't rate either of them 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo have been the scapegoat for the last few games.

Let's see if Matty Cash will actually make any difference.

If by scapegoat, you mean a vast step down from cash and no longer reliable as a premier league defender for more than the odd 45 minutes?

Then yes, he has been the scapegoat

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Lucas Moura is the only pace they have in that starting line up worth worrying about. If we get done on a counter off one of our corners then you’re concerns will be merited but no point worrying about it yet. Lets enjoy hopefully a much improved Villa performance

Just remember if it happens I called it first lmao.

But of course Smith could forsee all of this and yes let's just enjoy the game and hopefully it doesn't happen and that we don't have alot of pissed off fans tonight lol..

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mings is very quick, it's one of his strengths.

I'm glad Son isn't playing, Son would of had Ming's as a shadow.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've scored three in our last six games - if anyone scores first we're in trouble.

Would usually agree but with this spurs team it's hard to tell, not sure if there's an actual stat on it but the couple of times I've seen them with a 1-0 lead they've looked really shit in the last 20 minutes, suicidally defensive 

If spurs score I hope it is early and Jose goes full Jose 

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

I'm glad Son isn't playing, Son would of had Ming's as a shadow.

He's generally pretty good against players who are quick and clever, it's those who want to have a physical battle with him he sometimes struggles with, and that's more to do with him forgetting the game and getting to involved in proving he's the better man. Physically he's outstanding, quick, strong, tall and balanced. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's generally pretty good against players who are quick and clever, it's those who want to have a physical battle with him he sometimes struggles with, and that's more to do with him forgetting the game and getting to involved in proving he's the better man. Physically he's outstanding, quick, strong, tall and balanced. 

I think it's more Ming's has trouble with those where he's isolated one on one and with players who can mix it up and be very unpredictable, if spurs have someone like that tonight, Ming's will struggle.