Pre-match thread

ender4

Don't understand the Trez call given Son hasn't made miracle recovery but happy enough with what else has been put out.

Spurs tweaked their shape a bit as Vinicius is pure CF so not sure who they'll play out wide. If we press them well we'll get space.

Doubt that defence has played together all season either.

Think we'll get a draw as long as we don't do anything daft like trying to play offside from the halfway line again as we comically did in the home game last season.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll never understand why some fans , without fail, go into meltdown at every team announcement, as if we somehow get a new squad every match day and there are players we've signed in secret which we are waiting to reveal. Lol

I’m also surprised how negative everyone is. It’s only Jack missing! I admit I’d take a point but I don’t think we’ll get turned over like some are suggesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Anwar was playing when I posted probably best team he could pick. But tbh not that much between Trez and Anwar. 

I did as well.to he fair, only looked at the sheet again after your post.

3 hours ago, Enda said:

Got a text saying Barkley in the starting seven.

well at least you know your source is full of balls now ;) 

Delighted that Barkley isn't starting, I'd probably have gone for Anwar > Trez too, but that's a decent lineup. Come on lads.

• Like 1

Our bench is wank, it's what will let us down yet again I think along with our left wing.

Our midfield is going to have to lock this game down and I was wishing for more of a midfield presence. Were going to struggle to deliver again from the Wings so why waste time. Let's work through the middle by adding Trezegeut and Traore to it and bring them closer to the midfield adding more presence there and if they can get out wide let them drift but we do need to control the centre and be more compact.

I just feel Wingers for us till Grealish is back and with what we have, we are just screwing the game up before it even starts. All it requires is a tweak to the system and formation and our Wingers could operate as attacking midfielders/Wingers instead of just Wingers. I doubt spurs are even considering our wings a threat and they will just box sit and catch us on a counter through the center, they will see Ming's come up for attacks as well, we are open Inthis game we need to be smarter...

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Anwar missed what was a sitter to wrap up that game last week, aswell as signalling to come off after we’d made our subs. Think Deano was peed off a bit with him.

Trezeguet will work 10x harder despite his lack of quality

Perhaps. We'll get plenty of counter attack chances tonight like Zagreb did just running at them so I'd have prefer AEG, feels like Trez will make too many stupid decisions with poor shots and passes.

Could understand it more if we had AEM at RB for this still and Son was up and down the left and it's more obvious selection.

We'll see.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m also surprised how negative everyone is. It’s only Jack missing! I admit I’d take a point but I don’t think we’ll get turned over like some are suggesting.

Have you been watching us lately?

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Still don't understand Trez over AEG, neither great but at least AEG has shown he can score goals this season. 

Other than that I quite like that lineup.

El Ghazi signalled he was injured last game when we had no subs left to use.