ender4

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Emi

Elmo     konsa        mings        targett

Doug

Mcginn     ramsey

Trez                   watkins                 aeg

This is what i think we'll see

Bench: heaton, cash, taylor, engels, davis, sanson, barkley.

I highly doubt Elmo will start, that would be catastrophic, Cash is back now so he'll go back in the side. I'd imagine Traore and Sanson over Trez and Ramsey. If he picks that team I'd be a bit worried tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I highly doubt Elmo will start, that would be catastrophic, Cash is back now so he'll go back in the side. I'd imagine Traore and Sanson over Trez and Ramsey. If he picks that team I'd be a bit worried tbh. 

That's 100% not the team i would pick btw. Cash was back last week and played elmo. That's just what i think he'll pick

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

That's 100% not the team i would pick btw. Cash was back last week and played elmo. That's just what i think he'll pick

Flawed logic. Cash had only just returned last week. Cash has trained all week. He’s back and will be in the side today.

• Like 2

No way Elmo plays instead of Cash. Not the game for Ramsey who has been ineffective for the most part. Assuming no Jack Surprise:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Sanson Luiz

McGinn

Traore Watkins Ghazi

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I was confused why Cash didn't start against Newcastle too, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in tonight. He's much better than Elmo and Smith should know that. 

It's important he gets the selection right tonight, but like you I get confused by the team selections at times. For me Ramsey is still learning at this level and should be only coming off the bench in a team like ours (would choose Sanson, Nakamba and even Barkley over him for this one), and Trez just lacks any kind of quality going forward.

I'm pretty sure Traore will be in though as Smith namechecked him as available in his press conference. 

I think with the Injury's this is a game is like to see Barry brought in and see what he can do with our first teamers, what we got to lose, were already messed up anyway with injuries and the game looks a tough one for us lol.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I was confused why Cash didn't start against Newcastle too, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in tonight. He's much better than Elmo and Smith should know that. 

It's important he gets the selection right tonight, but like you I get confused by the team selections at times. For me Ramsey is still learning at this level and should be only coming off the bench in a team like ours (would choose Sanson, Nakamba and even Barkley over him for this one), and Trez just lacks any kind of quality going forward.

I'm pretty sure Traore will be in though as Smith namechecked him as available in his press conference. 

Thought Traore was injured, don't have much confidence in our other Wingers if Traore and Grealish are out, I'd fetch Barry in.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Really hoping that if no jack, those squad players stepping up realise this is theor last chance to stake a claim and pull out a couple of worldie performances

I think they would if they had it in them. Unfortunately they haven’t.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Thought Traore was injured, don't have much confidence in our other Wingers if Traore and Grealish are out, I'd fetch Barry in.

Smith said: "Bert has had an injection and will train tomorrow (SAT). He should be available. He got a whack in the rib, took a tumble over the billboards and was in a lot of pain. He went to hospital but thankfully there is no bleed and he's just had painkillers for it."

If Traore can't play I'd actually be tempted to play Barkley on the right and AEG on the left. Trez is just so ineffective and runs into blind alleys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

No way Elmo plays instead of Cash. Not the game for Ramsey who has been ineffective for the most part. Assuming no Jack Surprise:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Sanson Luiz

McGinn

Traore Watkins Ghazi

Agree with this assuming Traore fit to play. Otherwise it’s unfortunately Trez.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think only chance we have is to try and nick a goal from a set piece and then park the bus.  If they score first it’s over. I’d take a point right now. 

We're playing against a Spurs side without Son, Kane should be knackered after playing 120 mins on Thursday in Croatia, they have Mourinho in charge who is not exactly renowned for playing scintillating football, they've just lost 2 on the bounce, there are divisions in the dressing room, I could go on.

I'm pretty negative re Villa myself but to say we're incapable of getting something is quite odd, almost like accepting a defeat before ko. We're not in great form and still without our talisman, but I expect them to believe they can get something from this game and play like they can too. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We're playing against a Spurs side without Son, Kane should be knackered after playing 120 mins on Thursday in Croatia, they have Mourinho in charge who is not exactly renowned for playing scintillating football, they've just lost 2 on the bounce, there are divisions in the dressing room, I could go on.

I'm pretty negative re Villa myself but to say we're incapable of getting something is quite odd, almost like accepting a defeat before ko. We're not in great form and still without our talisman, but I expect them to believe they can get something from this game and play like they can too. 

I’m actually quite positive about Villa. But I don’t think we have any creativity at the moment. A draw would be a decent result.