Pre-match thread

ender4

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We got Usain Cash and Linford Targett fear not

They can't sprint from the flanks into the center to cover Ming's trying to catch a counter, all sorts could go wrong especially if it's like 3 against 2 against us and see that happening. If we do not have a CDM stay back as wel usually have both of them go up at time in Konsa and Ming's.

Just now, Dave-R said:

They can't sprint from the flanks into the center to cover Ming's trying to catch a counter, all sorts could go wrong especially if it's like 3 against 2 against us and see that happening. If we do not have a CDM stay back as wel usually have both of them go up at time in Konsa and Ming's.

Keep Mings back and send Konsa up for the corners OH wait may as well both stay back 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never said that mate. 

Yeah understand chap, I added that bit in, as I have made it clear, I want to progress further this season and not happy with the "we have already exceeded expectations".

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo have been the scapegoat for the last few games.

Let's see if Matty Cash will actually make any difference.

So if we lose it’s all on Cash?

Edited by alreadyexists

Just now, Dave-R said:

Lucas Moura is the only pace they have in that starting line up worth worrying about. If we get done on a counter off one of our corners then you’re concerns will be merited but no point worrying about it yet. Lets enjoy hopefully a much improved Villa performance

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You watch when Ming's comes up to join our attacks, I hope someone is ready to sprint tonight to cover his slow ass, in all caution I'd make him stay back period.

Mings is very quick, it's one of his strengths.

@foreveryoung to clarify mate. Whilst we have been very poor I still think we’ve got enough in us to be able to nick a goal and see the game out. It ain’t pretty and it ain’t how we want to see us play. But when things aren’t going well we can at least be assured we have a very good defence and goalie so there is always a chance of getting something out the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@foreveryoung to clarify mate. Whilst we have been very poor I still think we’ve got enough in us to be able to nick a goal and see the game out. It ain’t pretty and it ain’t how we want to see us play. But when things aren’t going well we can at least be assured we have a very good defence and goalie so there is always a chance of getting something out the game. 

Ohh, I agree mate no doubt. But like usual, if they get the first goal do we take it the games gone, as our coming back from a losing position is a very poor stat to hold.

Looks as good as can be, apart from trez for el ghazi

Pleased the 3 in the middle are sanson luiz mcginn, just a shame they don't get to play with grealish in the team as he improves most of our players when he plays.

Traore needs to get the ball in early rather than mince around looking to shoot or lay it back as our spine looks like it has running in it all day.

Let's try and get back to scoring and winning ways today.