Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

Undeniable from that angle. It’s a penalty. 

If that happened at the other end and we didn’t get it we’d be livid. And if we did get it we wouldn’t be arguing at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Undeniable from that angle. It’s a penalty. 

If that happened at the other end and we didn’t get it we’d be livid. And if we did get it we wouldn’t be arguing at all

Because from this angle you can't see that he didn't foul him that's why. Pogba's leg hit Luiz' leg, then Pogba tripped himself up to win the penalty. There was no foul by our player.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Because from this angle you can't see that he didn't foul him that's why. Pogba's leg hit Luiz' leg, then Pogba tripped himself up to win the penalty. There was no foul by our player.

Luiz has stepped into him. That’s clipped pogba’s leg which has tripped him up. 

it’s a penalty

• Like 2

I still don’t think it’s a penalty. If you look at the angle on motd it looks like Pogba’s leg clips Luiz which causes him to fall. 

However I can see why the ref gave it and I can also see why VAR didn’t overturn it as while I think it’s an error , it’s not a clear and obvious one. 

It does wind me up though that against Brighton he was asked to check his own decision and overturn it!

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t think it’s a penalty. If you look at the angle on motd it looks like Pogba’s leg clips Luiz which causes him to fall. 

However I can see why the ref gave it and I can also see why VAR didn’t overturn it as while I think it’s an error , it’s not a clear and obvious one. 

It does wind me up though that against Brighton he was asked to check his own decision and overturn it!

Pogba’s leg does clip Luiz, but it’s because Luiz stepped into him. That’s still a foul. It’s tripping someone up. 

• Like 1

Pogba’s arm in Dougie’s face is still the most obvious foul in the situation, and if Dougie did what Pogba does, and goes down at first contact, the only thing we’d be discussing is what colour card Pogba should have had. Dougie did nothing wrong in the situation, and was rewarded for his honesty with 0 points from the game. I’m sick of these decisions always going in Man United’s favour. It stinks, and it’s systematically rotten. 

• Haha 1

Yes it's clear as day like this one which was even compared to the Pogba one by Andy Townsend yesterday.

Chelsea v Man City NO PENALTY

Clearly it depends who's colours your wearing.

I now predict a 3-way title race this season between Man Utd, Man City & Liverpool.. How appropriate ;)

I actually think the Pogba one was a mixture of Luiz getting too close but also Pogba hanging a leg slightly sideways & tripping himself so i can see why it was given however the issue is that they are the type which get given to certain teams and not others (like us v Brighton). Result manipulation whichever way around you look at it.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 3

Even this ex-ref who generally will side with the refs can't do it this time. 

DERMOT SAYS: "I think the referee thinks there is a tangle of legs and Pogba actually catches his foot. What I would say is once it's given, considering where the referee is on the pitch, it's never going to be overturned by VAR. You cannot fault Michael Oliver's positioning."

So to translate, there is no foul but the ref thinks there is. Because there is a slight touch the VAR won't overturn it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Pogba’s arm in Dougie’s face is still the most obvious foul in the situation, and if Dougie did what Pogba does, and goes down at first contact, the only thing we’d be discussing is what colour card Pogba should have had. Dougie did nothing wrong in the situation, and was rewarded for his honesty with 0 points from the game. I’m sick of these decisions always going in Man United’s favour. It stinks, and it’s systematically rotten. 

there is no consistency of good unbiased refereeing thats for sure.

if there is a 50/50 they get the decision for being Man Utd.

ps they used to say in boxing, in America you have be industrious/busy because judges lean towards that......many of these ref's lean towards Man U, whether they are systematically biased or not.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Luiz lost us that game. I forgive him. He has plenty of credit in the bank, but to do that so soon after that great equaliser, it just killed what momentum we had. 

He’s just ran alongside him to be fair. A little too tight but it’s harsh to say he lost us the game. He played really well.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s just ran alongside him to be fair. A little too tight but it’s harsh to say he lost us the game. He played really well.

but he has given a few away now IIRC.

I think the arm from Pogba resisting Dougies advances was about as inconvenient and secondary ( in the eyes of the ref)as the hands and arms around Ollies neck for his off side against West Ham.

its all so selective.

Edited by TRO

What is for certain is I remember when that Che Adams goal got chalked off in the early stages against Soton, I thought to myself we actually arent getting done by VAR this season, how nice it is to be on the right side of all these calls. Since then its been an absolute torrent of bad luck like last season.

Â