Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who is better. Francis, Bruce, McCleish or Redknob

Bruce won promotion with blues a couple of times & beat us 4 times in the prem. Mccleish won the league cup with them (beating us in the process), promotion aswell. Both of these managers we employed after Blues had them lol. Don’t see what you’re point is anyways as they now have one of the best managers in the league and are above us even though we have spent ridiculous amounts of money over the last 3 seasons. 

Edited by fifamad
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly, and yet we have folk on here thinking we won't make the Auto places.

We won't get anywhere close. We would need around 85 points, which means we can only afford to drop around 10-15 points more all season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We won't get anywhere close. We would need around 85 points, which means we can only afford to drop around 10-15 points more all season. 

After today, I conceed that our Auto chances are too far gone and even if we had won today it was still only keeping the door ajar as it were.

But the result combined with our performance and lack of squad depth just makes it impossible.

There is no excuse to why we cannot make the playoffs and that is now the only realistic target for us which is achievable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After today, I conceed that our Auto chances are too far gone and even if we had won today it was still only keeping the door ajar as it were.

But the result combined with our performance and lack of squad depth just makes it impossible.

There is no excuse to why we cannot make the playoffs and that is now the only realistic target for us which is achievable.

I agree, the playoffs are a difficult but achievable target. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Anyway, on topic - small heath will finish below us this season. Which we’ll all be content with.

With the money we have spent over the past 3 years (over 100m) it would be astonishing if we didn’t finish above them, would be a huge embarrassment. We should be aiming for a lot more than finishing upper mid table, with the funds ploughed into this squad anything other than promotion is a huge failure.

9 minutes ago, fifamad said:

With the money we have spent over the past 3 years (over 100m) it would be astonishing if we didn’t finish above them, would be a huge embarrassment. We should be aiming for a lot more than finishing upper mid table, with the funds ploughed into this squad anything other than promotion is a huge failure.

Well you must have been left red faced for a number of years now, as plenty of teams have underspent compared to us and finished higher in the league. The 2016/17 season must have been a killer for you.

• Haha 1

In fairness if the season finished now Sha would have had a fantastic season for such a small tinpot club with a poxy fanbase. Unfortunately for them, and plenty of the thick bastards seem to have forgotten this, there are still 23 games left. They'll soon find their usual level well behind us and somewhere mid to lower table.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't mean to reopen the Bruce thread, but it obviously isn't 100% down to Bruce, unless Bruce somehow psychically made Elmohamady head the ball to Roofe the other day. 

At least that would be an explanation for it 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't mean to reopen the Bruce thread, but it obviously isn't 100% down to Bruce, unless Bruce somehow psychically made Elmohamady head the ball to Roofe the other day. 

Yeah let's write off the other 10 games bruce was managing us..

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah let's write off the other 10 games bruce was managing us..

Not writing anything off, but if ten games is enough to judge Bruce this season, then it's also enough to starting judging Smith (for good and bad). Anyway this is off-topic for the thread so I'll leave it there. 

Can't believe they beat Stoke.

Putrid to watch Blues. Stoke really good ball players. 33% possession at home.

Same crap as us under Bruce. It's not sustainable, it's no good to watch, and you'll never do anything useful with it. Waste of time.

They could well have done us a favour today as I expect Stoke to be well in the mix for a play off place come the business end of the season. Sha will fade away but hopefully they can take more points off the teams we'll be competing for promotion with.

• Like 2

Â