Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I was predicting 12 months ago they were going to go pop and this shows they would have done if they hadn't borrowed £40m from their parent company.

They aren't going to keep funding that shortfall and sooner or later they will want it paying back.

Sooner or later unless they fluke a promotion they are going to implode.

• Like 1

We should be getting Harry to do the Brexit negotiations, he seems to be the most convincing person ever. He’s managed to tell a number of rich businessmen to take huge gambles with their business which fail every time.

EFL rules are you're allowed to lose £39m over 3 seasons.

They lost almost that last season alone.

They increased their wage bill from £22m to £38m in 17/18, despite already being in financial trouble. If these rules really are about financial responsibility then they should have the book thrown at them for that alone.

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I was predicting 12 months ago they were going to go pop and this shows they would have done if they hadn't borrowed £40m from their parent company.

They aren't going to keep funding that shortfall and sooner or later they will want it paying back.

Sooner or later unless they fluke a promotion they are going to implode.

Well they fluked a cup win and they've fluked survival so I wouldn't put it past them.

Just now, villa89 said:

Even with a 21 point deduction they would still stay up. 

i'm not sure they would.

They're 17 points above the relegation zone and they're over performing. They're unlikely to keep this form up for the whole season, especially if they can't make transfers. Plus teams in the relegation zone almost always rally at the end of the season and pick up more points than the first half of the season.

That's before you talk about the confidence and morale issues of being hit with a 21 point deduction.

I think 21 points would kill them.

Unfortunately 21 is the maximum punishment I think. I highly doubt they'd get that.

Â