Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

On 24/12/2018 at 20:28, fifamad said:

With the money we have spent over the past 3 years (over 100m) it would be astonishing if we didn’t finish above them, would be a huge embarrassment. We should be aiming for a lot more than finishing upper mid table, with the funds ploughed into this squad anything other than promotion is a huge failure.

My Bluenose mate keeps spouting this stuff (just to confirm you’re a nose) - but we actually spent less than Blues in the summer, and they were apparently under a transfer embargo (despite signing players anyway). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you imagine they finish 6th then get a points deduction meaning they finish 7th and all that hard work they get nowhere.

That would be the best 

Yep imagine sha reaching the play offs and getting promoted having broken their transfer embargo. The clubs in the championship will be livid, the football league would lose a lot of credibility, because “hey if they can break an embargo and benefit from it, then why can’t we?”

I think the league are hoping that blues will be safely tucked away in mid table obscurity by the time of their decision so a point deduction doesn’t affect either play offs or puts them in serious dangerous of relegation. It would cause them the least amount of hassle.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep imagine sha reaching the play offs and getting promoted having broken their transfer embargo. The clubs in the championship will be livid, the football league would lose a lot of credibility, because “hey if they can break an embargo and benefit from it, then why can’t we?”

I think the league are hoping that blues will be safely tucked away in mid table obscurity by the time of their decision so a point deduction doesn’t affect either play offs or puts them in serious dangerous of relegation. It would cause them the least amount of hassle.

100% thats what they are doing. Be great though if it effected them getting to the play offs. Monk will be like all this time and effort gone in for nothing 

I have a feeling monk will be gone in next 12 months. He will get offers from bigger clubs than blose 

28 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Basically I think the better they do the harsher the punishment has to be as it could be argued the illegal players have helped more. If they were still down in like 21st its like well they are still shit anyway  

I wouldn't mind but Pedersen is actually crap

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

They could well have done us a favour today as I expect Stoke to be well in the mix for a play off place come the business end of the season. Sha will fade away but hopefully they can take more points off the teams we'll be competing for promotion with.

This.  Stoke are much more dangerous to us!

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

£21m net is what we've spent in total over the last three seasons.

True but doesn't really paint an accurate picture. The loans and free signings we have been able to make, smash everything other clubs have done out of the water. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

They are doing annoyingly well, where are the Football league with a points deduction when you need them?

February.

I feel they'll wait until SHA get to 55-60 points and then just deduct them 10 so utterly meaningless. In any case I don't think they'll finish top 6 but a deduction (which I'm not convinced will happen anyway) would've hurt them more at the start of October when I think they'd only won 1 of their first 10 games so were just outside the bottom 3.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

£21m net is what we've spent in total over the last three seasons.

I do think you have to look at wages aswell in fairness.

Cardiff last season couldn't just go out and get Snodgrass who must've been on about 50k at West Ham and would imagine we were paying a fair chunk of that.

This season it has been rumoured we're paying most of Bolaise wages. Whether that's true or not even 25% would still be a hefty amount and same for Abraham. These are not players any old championship club can attract.

Our wage bill is still on the hefty side (as a first choice international keeper Kalinic will be on 30k +) and I imagine far higher than many lower half prem teams.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

February.

I feel they'll wait until SHA get to 55-60 points and then just deduct them 10 so utterly meaningless. In any case I don't think they'll finish top 6 but a deduction (which I'm not convinced will happen anyway) would've hurt them more at the start of October when I think they'd only won 1 of their first 10 games so were just outside the bottom 3.

It is, it was more a rhetorical question and yes I agree re the timing.

Â