Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nah likes of Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham will be much worse. Reading also being tipped for drop in a few predictions (FourFourTwo mag had them 24th in their prediction mag).

Worth remembering Monk actually found a role for Jota to play well and Che Adams is a decent striker if he can stay fit.

Their problem is they have nothing beyond first 11 apart from kids. Remember loans like Boga and Sam Gallagher who played a fair bit last season haven't been replaced so there's no depth in most areas.

Think David Davis also broke his leg in pre season so their midfield also looking weak as means Gardner will start most games now and he was hopeless last season.

14-18th.

If they pickup a serious injury list they are in massive trouble as they have no squad depth.

Apparently one of their owners has said good news at last. Maybe their embargo has been lifted annoyingly.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently one of their owners has said good news at last. Maybe their embargo has been lifted annoyingly.

probably got an official deal with some urinal cake company to go with the waste deal

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nah likes of Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham will be much worse. Reading also being tipped for drop in a few predictions (FourFourTwo mag had them 24th in their prediction mag).

Ipswich? I thought they were looking to kick on this season and do well? The owner talked to them, new manager, all that stuff? 

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ipswich? I thought they were looking to kick on this season and do well? The owner talked to them, new manager, all that stuff? 

Hardly got any money. Signings lots of players from league 1 and 2 like Janoi Donacien. Of course they could turn out good but big risk.

Ipswich have been stale at this level for years. In a funny way relegation could re-energize them like a few who have fallen into league 1.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What kind of punishment is this ego have lifted embargo and then can only sign 5 players on top of Pedersen. This ffp is absolute bollocks.

Limited to frees and small fee loans, also with a unspecified salary cap. The EFL business plan. They have a competitive and reasonably balanced first 11, but beyond that are wafer thin. Injuries and they will struggle. 

26 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Limited to frees and small fee loans, also with a unspecified salary cap. The EFL business plan. They have a competitive and reasonably balanced first 11, but beyond that are wafer thin. Injuries and they will struggle. 

If you are going to put a team on a transfer embargo it should be until next window. whats the point of putting them on one for a couple weeks?

Completely ridiculous and a waste of time.

What kind of punishment is this ego have lifted embargo and then can only sign 5 players on top of Pedersen. This ffp is absolute bollocks.

Yes but the FA is very disappointed in them.
This whole ffp is bollocks. They're just making it up as they go along.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Should've been embargoed until January and then properly assess six months on.

Get a feeling they'll find a way round this restriction and get a couple of decent kids on loan.

The pikey words removed should be renamed Small Heath Houdini

• Haha 1

I think that would of gone against the ethos of FFP, which is to not hinder competition (I know many will scoff at that) but to ensure sustainable running of clubs. I think the ideal is not to punish, or right perceived unfair wrongs against rivals but to work with clubs to become sustainable and prudent. The punishment is to merely to act as a deterrent. 

• Like 1

If you are going to put a team on a transfer embargo it should be until next window. whats the point of putting them on one for a couple weeks?

Completely ridiculous and a waste of time.

Didn't we have the same thing whilst our new investors were vetted?  I don't see the problem, personally.

10 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think the EFL feared the legal ramifications and deemed it excessive punishment of a young player that has done no wrong. 

Surely letting the young player sign for Small Heath in itself is cruel and unusual punishment? If he hasn't done any wrong yet he will soon be expected to do just that when plying his trade on the dark side of the city so they could have continued to do the right thing by preventing him sullying himself by turning out for that rabble......

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Didn't we have the same thing whilst our new investors were vetted?  I don't see the problem, personally.

Difference is we didn't sign anyone so we abided with the rules. They didn't they signed Pedersen despite having the embargo so they have effectively broken the rules twice.

Â