Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

7 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Got to be one of the oldest as well I would have thought ?

Nowhere near mate Small Heath Alliance did not register on our radar for years.  Villa v Wolves or WBA have been played since 1888.

Great stuff from their board.

Let Cotterill have another 3 games over their xmas period, he dosen't win any of them and Bolton and Burton pick up more wins so they're miles adrift going into the second half of the season.

I note Mr Rowett is returning there in January (with Derby) so reckon that will be the tipping point game. Would leave a new manager realistically having to win 10 of their last 20 games to have a chance of staying up.

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

I had no idea they were bottom. When did the other teams start winning?!

Burton won their last two. Just need to start winning at home (lost last 7 at the Pirelli).

Bolton have actually been in decent form for a while now. They only had 2 points after first 10 games so had a lot to catch up.

Sunderland have been picking up points lately since their new manager turned up. Chris Coleman if you've heard of him Xela? ;)

They'll probably come straight back up. Last couple of years Bolton and Blackburn have gone down with financial issues/poor squads and Bolton came straight back and Blackburn look the same.

Wigan is another that yo yos between the two divisions now.

Their wage bill will be massive for third tier football but imagine they'll flog Jota to Spain and sell a few others like Maxine Colin, Ndoye (y'know all the players they got who VT said we should be signing. :lol:) Keep people like Harlee Dean, Jutkiwicz and add a few good league one players and they'll be challenging.

Would be good to see them in the third tier again. Don't think they've been in that league since Barry Fry days.

I've been waiting for years for them to play Walsall again so I can go to the Bescot and just laugh at them for 90 minutes.

Way it's shaping up for us it's probably going to be a highlight of 2018.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Given the way Donaldson played v us it was madness of them to release on a free given their woeful options upfront.

Probably their 3rd worst decision of the last fourteen months, after 'sacking Rowett' and 'hiring Redknapp'. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 20:30, Zatman said:

think they will end up more like Charlton or Pompey than Bolton if they go down

I have always thought a merger between small heath and coventry, something exactly like "Smallentry f.c" as they drop out the leagues for good would be ideal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have always thought a merger between small heath and coventry, something exactly like "Smallentry f.c" as they drop out the leagues for good would be ideal.

Chaventry Heath has a nice ring to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

word removed FC works...

• Haha 4

Â