Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

doesnt matter as much, teams around them all picked up points

Exactly. Any team that is above us or can go above us I will always welcome blose dropping points on their opposition if helps us. If they lose today would have been a big gap.

bristol city playing 80 mins against ten men so likely they will win and gap will be 9 points again

On 29/11/2017 at 12:30, bobzy said:

Have you seen the teams Blues have picked points up against this season?  Pretty odd, given their league standing:

Wins:
Bristol City (H), Sheff Wed (H), Cardiff (H), Forest (H)

Draws:
Bolton (H), Derby (A), Villa (H), Sheff Utd (A)

They're unbeaten against the top 6 with only Wolves to play, but have only taken points off Bolton against teams in the bottom half.

Another odd good result against a top team. Bizarro Blues. 

7 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I’ve got a nasty feeling they might still stay up <_<

Need to win some away games. They'll run out of home games as only have ten left.

They still have to go to Preston, Bristol,Wolves, Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Brentford and us so going to have to pull some more shock away results.

I know the gap is only 3 points but likes of Bolton and Sunderland are stringing together good runs now so the points tally to stay up is going up all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Need to win some away games. They'll run out of home games as only have ten left.

They still have to go to Preston, Bristol,Wolves, Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Brentford and us so going to have to pull some more shock away results.

I know the gap is only 3 points but likes of Bolton and Sunderland are stringing together good runs now so the points tally to stay up is going up all the time.

It’s looking very tough at the bottom this year in championship, really tough to call who will go down, I think Burton will for sure though there squads not strong enough. Others could be any out of Blues, Bolton, Sunderland, Hull, Barnsley, QPR Maybe even more will get dragged in.

I think teams may need over 45 points to stay up as the championship standard is getting higher each season. 

Edited by fifamad

8 hours ago, fifamad said:

It’s looking very tough at the bottom this year in championship, really tough to call who will go down, I think Burton will for sure though there squads not strong enough. Others could be any out of Blues, Bolton, Sunderland, Hull, Barnsley, QPR Maybe even more will get dragged in.

I think teams may need over 45 points to stay up as the championship standard is getting higher each season. 

I think they will get jammy as they on paper have better squad than Barnsley burton and bolton. Although if Barnsleys new owners are ambitious and spend...

It must be so demoralizing for blose they finally pick up a wi and tge sides aroubd them all pick up points too!

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they will get jammy as they on paper have better squad than Barnsley burton and bolton. Although if Barnsleys new owners are ambitious and spend...

It must be so demoralizing for blose they finally pick up a wi and tge sides aroubd them all pick up points too!

They may have a stronger squad on paper but they ain’t playing well and the teams around them seem to have more goals in them then blues. I know what your saying about teams around them won also but I still think they will gain a little confidence from beating a team in 5th, keeps them in touch with safety and it pulls other teams towards the bottom.

21 hours ago, fifamad said:

45 points is actually a very low total to stay up, think Blackburn got 51 points last season and still went down.

It will be 50 I'm sure so SHA need another ten wins from somewhere to have a shot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

45 points is actually a very low total to stay up, think Blackburn got 51 points last season and still went down.

It will be 50 I'm sure so SHA need another ten wins from somewhere to have a shot.

I think the rare situation here is having 50+ points and going down. Pretty sure it’s normally around the 45 mark - which isn’t that low at all. 

Any-goal-difference points required in last ten years:

2016-17       52

2015-16       41

2014-15       42

2013-14       45

2012-13       55

2011-12       41

2010-11       43

2009-10       48

2008-09       47

2007-08      53

That's a pretty wide spread, probably too wide to be talking about particular points targets. It's clear that teams with less than forty points go down, and with more than 55 stay up, but between that it just depends on the strength of the opposition that year. Blues have the 'advantage' this year that it looks like they will simply need to finish top of a mini-league of 4. 

• Like 1

Â