Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I wouldn't take anyone from Blues.

Even if they had Leo Messi playing for them, i wouldn't want him.

I'd rather not give them the satisfaction of thinking we want anything from them.

I wouldn't take anyone from Blues.

Even if they had Leo Messi playing for them, i wouldn't want him.

I'd rather not give them the satisfaction of thinking we want anything from them.

Well there is one thing I want from them and that is to go out of business

Hope they can be satisfied with that!

You become numb to constant pain, it eases after a while. Having a hope and then having it crushed hurts so much more. That's what I want for SHA a constant cycle of raised expectations and crushing reality checks.

Sounds like my time as an Aston Villa supporter!

• Like 2

So they've got 19 players out of contract this summer....

On the one hand that helps them reduce the wage bill on the other it reduces the value of their assets and their ability to generate income from player sales.

The worst thing though (for them) is that their highest earners, Curtis Davis, Marlon King and Zigic all have contracts expiring in 2014.

I think it rather remains to be see which league they will be in next season, relegation (with or without the helping hand of administration) is still very much a possibility. What is for certain though is that they are likely to have a woeful squad when the new season comes around unless a takeover happens.

On the face of it they very much appear to be in danger of a Portsmouth style collapse.

I think it is almost impossible to know because it is next to impossible to understand their true financial position, I was led to believe they were on the brink of administration last January but they are still lurching on.

I would imagine a lot depends on what happens over the remainder of this month in terms of player sales, it looks likely Burke will leave for Forest given that they are still after him and his contract is up in the summer. Meanwhile Curtis Davis appears to be on the radar for a couple of clubs while I'm sure there will be last minute cheeky offers for the likes of Butland and Redmond that they may have no choice but to accept. Selling those few would probably bring in something in the region of circa £6m I'd guess depending on how low people bid and how desperate they are and it would probably save something like £60-70k a week in wages.

That might be enough to keep their heads above water a while, who knows. As I say it is next to impossible to know just how bad their financial picture is right now but the noises coming from Pannu seem to suggest they need to raise money this window rather urgently.

The next week will be interesting thing is that the deadline of the 4th March is looming. Clubs placed into administration before this date have their points deduction taken from this season points, after that date they are deducted at the start of the following season. So I think it will be interesting to see what happens over the next week in terms of player sales and then beyond that with their results in Feb.

Given they have so many players out of contract this season, I almost hope they stay up, so they have no players next year, get hit with a points deduction, we can hammer them 8-0, and send them down with minus points into oblivion.

• Like 1

Â