Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Over on the Small Heath versions of this site they seem to believe a takeover is in the offing with someone connected to car production waiting in the wings to buy them. The suggestion being that it is the owners of the Tata Group.

Rather hard to believe in my view but that is what they are pinning their hope on.

Over on the Small Heath versions of this site they seem to believe a takeover is in the offing with someone connected to car production waiting in the wings to buy them. The suggestion being that it is the owners of the Tata Group.

Rather hard to believe in my view but that is what they are pinning their hope on.

There's got to be a change of ownership at some point. Unfortunately for them, I can't see anyone coming in this side of their financial reporting. Realistically, nobody is going to buy a club that cannot present it's financial position.

As for Tata, I doubt there is any truth in that one. They may own JLR but they also don't need to invest in an industry well known for not actually making any money...

Zero chance I'd say.

As for Norwich they aren't getting a penny out of us so if they do land Hughton it won't be our money helping Small Heath out.

I'll admit I'm not fully up to speed with the legalities of Villa's approach for PL but it seems incredibly similar to the AMC move last summer. Norwich did not accept his resignation so therefore they should be entitled to compensation. We know that at the first sniff of a legal battle Randy will settle out of court.

On the TATA thing just can't see it. They are very serious and successful business people and they will be well aware that you don't buy a football team to make money (unless you're Man Utd).

Just seen Tom Ross send a tweet saying that Small Heath have gave Norwich permission to speak to Hughton.

Well, he didn't use the words "Small Heath" but you know...

Can't imagine Hughton turning them down. Where would Small Heath go from there? I know it won't happen but I would die laughing if they had "him" back! How funny would that be!

Yep its been confirmed, Norwich have been given permission to talk to Hughton and his backroom staff which means we are also getting the guys from Norwich.

So Small Heath are looking for a new manager for a 2nd time thanks to us only this time they aren't likely to be so lucky with their appointment :D

Tata would not be interested in a football club which never makes any money and will probably need to make massive investments.

How much is a club worth if it is insolvent? And how much longer can the FA realistically wait before they step in and demand to see their finances? Can the FA issue a points deduction for failing to reveal their finances? Can they get hit with a double points deduction, like Leeds and Bournemouth?

I can't see the club being taken over while the accounts aren't published and the shares suspended. Even if someone was interested, I doubt they could get full control of the club before the transfer window closes (remember, the shares are spread around) meaning there are better prospects out there for anyone looking to inject cash into a club.

With the club likely to lose their manager and a few of its 'better' players, it can only get worse for them next year.

It's more likely this will drag on for another season or two before someone will take over. I doubt they will be sold for much more than £1 when it happens.

I don't see any reason why TATA would invest in Blues.

They gave JLR a hard enough time about losing money when they first took over, I highly doubt they'd want to invest into an industry where they'll lose a lot more than that!

Sounds like pie in the sky nonsense to me.

Â