Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, now you mention it, they're not, they're a different category to the proper shares and they don't have any voting rights.

It looks like they just gave him 3% of the club as payment for putting his face out front.

From his perspective it isn't a bad deal; you get given a tiny chunk of a company that's not worth much, you increase its value by having your famous name and face associated with it and then when you sell up your 3% generates you a nice profit.

It does make me wonder though, how long are they looking to be involved? Tom won't have taken that deal on the promise of money in ten or fifteen years time you'd have thought.

It’s a private equity group, there is no long term with them. Buy and flip for profit and when it reaches the point where this is no longer viable they’ll just cut their losses as best possible.

It’s all for show, I’m sure of it, they have no intention to build a new stadium themselves, just to create the possibility for it, thus increasing the potential value of the business for the next chump to purchase:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He's just a figurehead though right? They basically gave him some free shares as a gift to be "the  face" of the club surely?  This doesn't on the face of it seem especially unusual to me, albeit I don't really know much about the whole situation.

That's exactly it, yes. He's received some tokens that give him a small share of the profits in return for him lending the project some of his star-power, such as it is in this country. It's not at all unusual, but it's useful to know this so we can correct people claiming that Brady has 'invested' in the project. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's exactly it, yes. He's received some tokens that give him a small share of the profits in return for him lending the project some of his star-power, such as it is in this country. It's not at all unusual, but it's useful to know this so we can correct people claiming that Brady has 'invested' in the project. 

Given Brady lost a chunk of money (he's still minted though) from investing in a cryto ocmpany that went bust (FTX i think), he's unlikely to be stumping up too much cash for a sport/city/country he knows little about.

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Given Brady lost a chunk of money (he's still minted though) from investing in a cryto ocmpany that went bust (FTX i think), he's unlikely to be stumping up too much cash for a sport/city/country he knows little about.

what mate??? he is proppa Blues, hates the vile, drinks in the danger zone, best mates with Fat Baz mate 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

They almost seem rattled..... mate

0?ui=2&ik=466459d2ff&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-211118336962908050&th=18f8634f3f0c31e4&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8ZXX3s_g0s-G8MjQ9vMRLeR_VvVvzH_vATnIlmOTjrBhSYyArdx6N1vuviH8cg-9iykSeI6zG8U9reDMfq6OefPmoiS-07fTlZ9XOebMktX1Rgvtvn93vk4Fo&disp=emb&realattid=18f86349e7ded7548511

Not working (a bit like most of their fans)

Posted (edited)

Their fans are getting way defensive over the Brady thing, insisting they knew he was a 'minority investor' and that he was always only a figurehead. It was the club themselves who made a big headline of him investing in them, and insisting that he was more than a figurehead and would be advising them on Sports Science and the commercial side of things. Can guarantee if some celeb had invested in us, and it turned out the investment was only 3p then they would be saying the same things

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

They almost seem rattled..... mate

unnamed.jpg

I’m a little disappointed that the photo crops out the 

mate”

• Haha 4

"To go out in the group stage".

A stage they will never get near :crylaugh:

No spelling mistakes either, must have got a ringer in for the grafitti

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It’s an odd insult, because the reality is, they would love to be playing in the champions league, be it being knocked out in the group stage. 

but of course they deny it and claim Playing Micky Dons is better 

• Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s an odd insult, because the reality is, they would love to be playing in the champions league, be it being knocked out in the group stage. 

And Aston Villa U21's in the premier world competition the Papa Johns Trophy 

I see Sunderland have released Bradley Dack, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with these if Mowbray stays on as manager

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I see Sunderland have released Bradley Dack, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with these if Mowbray stays on as manager

rated at 20m plus a few years ago

30 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

can someone at least cross out 'group stage' and replace with 'league phase'? at least get that part correct

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Mighty bold of them to assume they well do any better in the mighty Bristol Street Motors Cup.

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

can someone at least cross out 'group stage' and replace with 'league phase'? at least get that part correct

I've got to walk past it again later to go the post office so i'll take a sharpie 😆

Â