Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The loan players are included in that list, Stansfield, Aiwu, Drameh, and Dozzell. Other than Jordan James and George Hall if he can stay fit, I don't think they own a single player that a promotion chasing team FROM LEAGUE ONE would particularly want

FTFY

13 hours ago, nick76 said:

Last year their revenue was £17.5m but now they are going to spend two to three billion on this stadium/sports quarter.  

Something very dodgy going on surely?

There must be oil or diamonds deep under St Andrews that they are trying to get at.

This is just burning cash away.  

They've bought the land off a cash strapped council but even then I was astounded at the seismic announcement

It was so well presented, it had CGI of what they are going to build, the footage of thousands of fans flocking to a state of the art stadium on match days, and what blew me away was how they funding this....

Oh wait, that didn't happen did it

Instead it was 2 blokes Infront of camcorder saying this is what we want to happen, Christ Roman abromovich wouldnt finance a move to a new stadium when he could find a billion pounds down the side of his sofa at chelsea

As ever, the gift that keeps on giving

• Like 4

4 hours ago, useless said:

The loan players are included in that list, Stansfield, Aiwu, Drameh, and Dozzell. Other than Jordan James and George Hall if he can stay fit, I don't think they own a single player that a promotion chasing team would particularly want

Stansfield's had a good season. Not sure what Fulham's plan is for him but could SHA bidding 4-5m if they stay up so better they go down and he gets a chance off the bench for them in some prem games.

Have I got it wrong or was Drameh not a key player for Luton last season? Seems odd to me they didn't take him back for the prem or Leeds actually played him as I remember on the radio after we beat them last season there was a Leeds fan saying he should be playing for them in the prem. So seems a bit bizarre he's just a sub now for them and coming on out of position at LB.

He'll be a decent player for someone else next season in the championship.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Stansfield's had a good season. Not sure what Fulham's plan is for him but could SHA bidding 4-5m if they stay up so better they go down

He'd cost at least treble that. He's an England U21 international, even starting ahead of Rodgers.

Their owners have naively made a song and dance about how much they have to spend, Fulham will rip them off. 

In the TalkShite video in the last page, Wagner makes a comment about being a top 10 club in the Prem, and later on Simon Jordan makes a comment about Man U laughing at Man City when they were in league 1. Both seem to be forgetting the financial landscape of modern football. FFP and PSR will stop another Man City arriving. Look at Newcastle as the example, they've not been able to spend billions on players, even with the dodgy sponsorships. They're even having to sell players in the summer.

You then look at the parachute payments from the Prem. Teams receiving this tend to do much better in the championship, especially once they organize themselves properly.

Blues can build the 60k stadium, they can build the training pitches, and invite the NFL and Ed Sheeran. They'll never get to the top 10 of the Prem consistently because of the financial challenges facing small clubs is too great. They don't have a big fan base, they don't have any presence or support from overseas, and they don't have sponsors beating down their doors to be associated with them. If they had any of this they wouldn't be playing in a broken stadium in the championship with so many empty seats.

We're going to be facing similar challenges to sustain a top 6 finish over the next few years. As much as I hate the blues, football is broken and only sustains the more powerful clubs in relativity to their own position. The Sky 6 don't want us and Newcastle pushing them, the same way the bottom half of the Prem and the championship yo-yo clubs won't want Blues threatening their status.

• Thanks 1

The whole thing around the new stadium complex absolutely stinks to me. A big chunk of the £2-3 billion will be loans. In terms of events, there's no way that the NFL are going to move games to Birmingham. It's hard enough to get teams to forfeit a home game to play in London in a league that only plays 17 regular season games - so I highly doubt that they're going to convince more teams to do it. The money is there to be made in London. I'm a Brummie and I'll always be proud of that, but unfortunately, Birmingham just isn't going to be an attractive destination for these sort of events. They'll probably have a few gigs there but nothing on the scale that they think.

Their owners aren't going to make any significant money from Blues either. They just don't have the fanbase or the appeal. The club won't own the stadium, and if the owners get fed up and cut their ties after a few more seasons in the doldrums, whoever else comes in will likely have to pay an absolute whopper in terms of rent and likely be forced out. These plans aren't for the benefit of the club. The owners just want to make a quick buck (hence Wagner is so keen to have it all wrapped up in 5 years).

It's all very well showing some pretty PowerPoint slides with some shiny stadium mockups, but it all seems like slightly outlandish plans with little to no substance. Like others have said, the idea nowadays is to stop other clubs suddenly turning into Man City, so their dreams of becoming a footballing superpower are purely to take their minds off the very real possibility that they'll be playing Shrewsbury next season. 

• Like 3

The whole financial thing doesn't make sense or add up. 

The guy has 9 billion of other peoples money, who pay Knighthead to increase that money.

You're telling me, they are going to gamble a third of their portfolio (2 billion on a stadium + probably another billion on players) for a 1 percent change of becoming a team like Spurs to just break even? For indications, Tottenham is valued around 2.5-3 billion with the best stadium in the country, in London, half of Korea supporting them, and a NFL agreement.

Something does not add up. I think the council have been hoodwinked, and the desperation of the fans being used as bait. 

The council haven’t been hoodwinked. They’re desperate and need to raise the best part of a billion quid through asset sales just to keep their head above water. Blues saw an opportunity to take advantage and moved quickly.

Meanwhile in Aston we’re still talking about how crap our next crest is going to be and how wonderful it will be when we add a thousand more hospitality seats…… 

15 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The whole financial thing doesn't make sense or add up. 

The guy has 9 billion of other peoples money, who pay Knighthead to increase that money.

You're telling me, they are going to gamble a third of their portfolio (2 billion on a stadium + probably another billion on players) for a 1 percent change of becoming a team like Spurs to just break even? For indications, Tottenham is valued around 2.5-3 billion with the best stadium in the country, in London, half of Korea supporting them, and a NFL agreement.

Something does not add up. I think the council have been hoodwinked, and the desperation of the fans being used as bait. 

The NFL thing cracks me up a bit. There is certainly a potential market for a UK based NFL team, as is shown by the games they play over here. Thing is though, there is 0.0% chance it will be based anywhere but London, for the simple reason that if the average American is asked to name a city in England, the only one they would ever be able to come up with would be the Capital.  

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Hahahaha. Brilliant. 

'Highly paid footballers, you should listen to me because I had a sales job once....'

''We would swap places with you in a heartbeat. But we are not good enough. You are.''

Are they? Are they really?

54 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Was just about to post this, one of the greatest letters I have ever had the pleasure to read.

🤣

They break yer heart Tom, the Blues

Â