Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

They've gone a round further than us. 

Expect the DVD to be available soon. 

Imagine them repeating their PL exploits... Winning a cup and getting relegated, and saying they're happy and wouldn't swap staying up for the cup win. And then never regaining their previous league status.

Only this time, without winning a cup because let's face it, that isn't happening. And it would be the championship they're getting relegated from.  And their stadium is also falling down.  And their owners have bankrupted them completely.

But hey, they got that league Cup win this century mate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Imagine them repeating their PL exploits... Winning a cup and getting relegated, and saying they're happy and wouldn't swap staying up for the cup win. And then never regaining their previous league status.

Only this time, without winning a cup because let's face it, that isn't happening. And it would be the championship they're getting relegated from.  And their stadium is also falling down.  And their owners have bankrupted them completely.

But hey, they got that league Cup win this century mate.

My unpopular opinion at the time was that I would've accepted relegation in 19/20 of it meant winning the League Cup against Citeh. Stand by it tbh.

We'd have been back before long though, wouldn't have ended up in doldrums like SHA unless NSWE **** off as a result

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

My unpopular opinion at the time was that I would've accepted relegation in 19/20 of it meant winning the League Cup against Citeh. Stand by it tbh.

We'd have been back before long though, wouldn't have ended up in doldrums like SHA unless NSWE **** off as a result

Wouldn't have took that but would have took winning FA cup in 2015 as we were a year from dropping anyway and we'd have had a cup win

On 18/01/2023 at 16:52, icouldtelltheworld said:

Absolutely no way. That's the mind of small time thing reserved for the likes of our neighbours and could potentially have set us back years amd/or totally destroyed the club. We know ourselves how hard it is to get promoted and we would have had to restart all over again. We were somewhat fortunate to go up last time and, over 3 years, in no way did we ever look like getting automatic promotion.

To go through all that for a League Cup? No chance.

Well, you did say it was an unpopular opinion tbf. :)

Edited by GlobalVillan

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Absolutely no way. That's the mind of small time thing reserved for the likes of our neighbours and could potentially have set us back years amd/or totally destroyed the club. We know ourselves how hard it is to get promoted and we would have had to restart all over again. We were somewhat fortunate to go up last time and, over 3 years, in no way did we ever look like getting automatic promotion.

To go through all that for a League Cup? No chance.

Well, you did say it was an unpopular opinion tbf. :)

Would I go through all that for a League Cup? Yes, absolutely. FWIW the promotion season was the most I have ever enjoyed a Villa league campaign (for context, I'm 30, and first season I can remember is 98/99, so not a lot of joy in that time!)

I did say it was an unpopular opinion. And also that I still stand by it 😉

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that 5 straight losses? Its so annoying how they always seem to get jammy results at start then just implode towards end of season then scrap a jammy win that keeps them up.

Well, yes, but they’ve always survived because others have been docked points below them. That isn’t happening this season. A couple more losses and they’re bang in trouble. They have Deeney and Hogan up front for christs sake. One of them can’t run, and the other, whilst making lots of clever runs, is fu****g shit. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, yes, but they’ve always survived because others have been docked points below them. That isn’t happening this season. A couple more losses and they’re bang in trouble. They have Deeney and Hogan up front for christs sake. One of them can’t run, and the other, whilst making lots of clever runs, is fu****g shit. 

Yes and somehow when they gor the points docked it was less points and give  to them when they were mathematically safe. Go figure

I think they will stay up just but unless there is massive investment in summer i think next year they are in big trouble as thwir better players are leaving.

Deeneys contract expires in the summer. Will they keep him on with that big contract he is on?

Â