Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

https://twitter.com/ChrisCOB_OB/status/1777669055366799571

Seems their prime objective is focussing on an NFL stadium in Birmingham to expand US "football" in europe which they'll keep ticking over with other use when gridiron isn't happening. They are leveraging the desperation of small heath/ bankrupt BCC and the remit of WMCA to outsource investment in the region (and the grants/ levelling up bullshit that can be accessed along with this). Understand the noses' excitement but blues are clearly incidental to knighthead's mission, not at the core of it

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

Shows how thick their fans are, Man City are owned by the Abu Dhabi group, net worth off the charts. they could spend millions and it would be pocket money, club is pretty much a play thing to them

Blues are owned by a hedge fund, these are business men, they want to MAKE money. So i honestly cannot see this group spending millions, no matter how much you polish a turd, it is always going to be a turd 🤣

Getting relegated would be absolutely hilarious 

City were not owned by Abu Dhabi when they got the new stadium. An already built stadium will be more tempting for investors

I don't understand why their investor owners are interested in them as a club, but also in regenerating the area. The West Midlands is one of the poorest areas in the country. So many of the sporting attractions we have do not sell out, or have even been close. Off the top of my head it's only us and Wolves who sell out, or consistently come close to it. We've lost dog racing tracks, we don't have a major rugby team in the area any longer (and even then the Ricoh was very rarely more than half full for a Wasps game, and that was only ever against Leicester Tigers),  Edgbaston only sells out for England games, (although attendances do increase for the T20). Realistically, the blues will forever be in our shadow in terms of support. I'm not being biased, it's just fact. I just don't get why they're doing it. If they do go down, and if we can maintain our relative success, this gap is only going to increase with the next generation of locals latching onto us.

Other than for housing, I don't see what benefit building all this will have for the investors. The council is skint too, they're not going to be investing in Birmingham for a long while.

4 hours ago, useless said:

A lot of their fans genuinely seem to think they're going to be the next Manchester City, I'm seeing constant references to their new development being akin to what happened at City, and them referring to themselves as our 'noisey neighbours'. Their owner isn't doing much to manage expectations, apparently said at a fans forum yesterday that they could potentially spend more than any Championship club ever in the summer, which would take some doing as both us and Newcastle spent sixty million plus in one window, and even then we raised half of that with sales, and Newcastle actually made a profit that summer, and both teams had parachute payments

This sort of talk is in the realm of fantasy. The only two conclusions you can draw is that they're either incompetent with no understanding of football or football finances (which would seem about right given their actions in the footballing department so far) or they're just outright selling a lie. The summer will reveal all.

20 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I don't understand why their investor owners are interested in them as a club, but also in regenerating the area. The West Midlands is one of the poorest areas in the country. So many of the sporting attractions we have do not sell out, or have even been close. Off the top of my head it's only us and Wolves who sell out, or consistently come close to it. We've lost dog racing tracks, we don't have a major rugby team in the area any longer (and even then the Ricoh was very rarely more than half full for a Wasps game, and that was only ever against Leicester Tigers),  Edgbaston only sells out for England games, (although attendances do increase for the T20). Realistically, the blues will forever be in our shadow in terms of support. I'm not being biased, it's just fact. I just don't get why they're doing it. If they do go down, and if we can maintain our relative success, this gap is only going to increase with the next generation of locals latching onto us.

Other than for housing, I don't see what benefit building all this will have for the investors. The council is skint too, they're not going to be investing in Birmingham for a long while.

At a guess it’s more about the city than the club. The new ground site they have purchased is pretty close to where HS2 is. I’d say it’s to with that and build up American commerce (I think it was originally mentioned the Saudis were doing similar in Newcastle.

Isn't what they're doing similar to what wwe were planning or others proposed NSWE did.

Essentially the owner would fund the North stand/new stadium themselves and lease it back to the club so the FFP impacts are none existent as there's no debt or interest on the club itself?

This is totally feasible within the realms of FFP.

What isn't feasible is that they'll be able to go on a mega spending spree now or any time in the next 6 years, or that they'll have sole use of the stadium.

Whether they long term become successful or find the lease payments too steep for the club to sustain will be interesting. 

Edit: what's more interesting is whether it actually even happens.

Edited by MrBlack

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I really hope they don’t manage to squirm their way out of this one!…

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7vf7knzf8zynstfz15d

Bet they do get out of it - yet again. 

5 hours ago, useless said:

apparently said at a fans forum yesterday that they could potentially spend more than any Championship club ever in the summer, 

So the daft owners have just told every selling club to add 50% onto their asking price 🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

They'll end up with something like Pride Park and a couple of warehouse sheds for the "sports village" 

Indeed - perhaps they could even call it "No-pride Park".

Saying they will spend the most ever for a Championship club in the Summer seems odd.  First, they may not even be in the Championship by then, so a little presumptuous. .  Second, they can hardly spend it on players and stay within PSR/FFP limits, because their revenue can't be all that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So the daft owners have just told every selling club to add 50% onto their asking price 🤣

That or been kind of clever because they can then spout the "we tried to sign him but they wanted X which we believe is too much so we've moved on to other targets".  The inbreds will believe every word, being blind to what's in front of their noses.

• Like 1

Their sad excuse for a forum is hilarious atm. Even more so than usual. 

They reckon we will be stuck with a shitty little ground whilst they are dominating Europe and hosting FA cup semi finals, NFL games and Ed Sheeran concerts.

They are in a for a shock when they realise that whatever plans they have for the Jasper Carrot Arena , it won't come close to plugging the financial hole they are digging for themselves.

They could end up like a 3rd division Everton. (Which is how I see them anyway tbf)

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Their sad excuse for a forum is hilarious atm. Even more so than usual. 

They reckon we will be stuck with a shitty little ground whilst they are dominating Europe and hosting FA cup semi finals, NFL games and Ed Sheeran concerts.

NBtNdtrix4no.gif

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They reckon we will be stuck with a shitty little ground whilst they are dominating Europe and hosting FA cup semi finals

The FA are definitely going to move the FA cup semi's from Wembley to a much smaller arena where they can charge less for tickets and get way less money from hospitality. 

47 minutes ago, dubbs said:

That or been kind of clever because they can then spout the "we tried to sign him but they wanted X which we believe is too much so we've moved on to other targets".  The inbreds will believe every word, being blind to what's in front of their blue noses.

FTFY 

I tell you what I know for a fact. 

If they spend more money than any Championship side ever. If they get to The Play Off Final and lose, the thousand yard stare their owner will give will make Xia look euphoric. 

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The FA are definitely going to move the FA cup semi's from Wembley to a much smaller arena where they can charge less for tickets and get way less money from hospitality. 

They haven't thought of that. Too giddy at the thought of taking over from Man City and sending da vile back to Lichfield.

Mate.

Â