Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just heard eustace on SSN talking about how brady will help with the fitness side of things. I mean how ridiculous is that. The guys never played football how on earth will he be able to advise them?

The guy was a truly elite athlete who was at the very top level into his 40s, so I'm perfectly prepared to believe he knows some stuff about looking after himself physically*. My doubt though is . . . was this really something they had no interest in previously? And given he isn't going to be attending or supervising this new nutrition regime, does this amount to anything more than him emailing some advice every now and then, because I don't see it tbh. 

*notably though, he is anti-vaxxer so he's not without flaws when it comes to looking after his own health

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont follow american sports to be honest.

Probably is over mcelhenny but over reynolds? Not a chance. Thats why a interest has been shown in wrexhams story.

But in my opinion i dont think American fans are going to start suddenly start following blose because of him. We have prince william and tom hanks as fans? Has that generated more fans on those levels? I dont think it has

No he's not more famous than Ryan Reynolds, but he IS incredibly famous

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The guy was a truly elite athlete who was at the very top level into his 40s, so I'm perfectly prepared to believe he knows some stuff about looking after himself physically*. My doubt though is . . . was this really something they had no interest in previously? And given he isn't going to be attending or supervising this new nutrition regime, does this amount to anything more than him emailing some advice every now and then, because I don't see it tbh. 

*notably though, he is anti-vaxxer so he's not without flaws when it comes to looking after his own health

I mean look at ashley young or Cristiano ronaldo these guys are super fit for a more stamina involved game for their age. Doss that mean i would want them advising our team on fitness and nutrition? Hell no. Thats why we have our coaching team dietitians etc. 

I hope he does get involved in thw fitness side as i think he will make a big mess of it. Id be suprised if brady goes to sty andrews more than twice this season.

When he sees what a shithole it is i doubt he will be in a rush to go back

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont follow american sports to be honest.

Probably is over mcelhenny but over reynolds? Not a chance. Thats why a interest has been shown in wrexhams story.

But in my opinion i dont think American fans are going to start suddenly start following blose because of him. We have prince william and tom hanks as fans? Has that generated more fans on those levels? I dont think it has

Brady has starred as himself in The Simpsons, Entourage and the Ted film for starters

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brady has starred as himself in The Simpsons, Entourage and the Ted film for starters

Shows how much i know thwn as i love ted and i dont remember him being it. I remember flash gordon but not tom brady. Dont watch the other two

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

It is a big deal as much as we may laugh. 

There's a trend of this with Sports Stars.

Becks and Messi with Inter Miami, Lewis Hamilton with Denver Broncos. Though it's traditionally been around European Stars *breaking America* the trend has reversed with Wrexham,

it'll be interesting to see if Amazon All or Nothing try and go the Welcome to Wrexham route to compete with Disney+. They now have JJ Watt investing in Burnley and probably the US's biggest sports star in Birmingham. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Broadcast deal follow one of those minority investments.

Brady also has his own sporting line, a potential sponsor there built in for them in the future too to shift around FFP rules.

Amazon would pay big money to have Prime Video placed next to a TB12 logo in the Premier League...

An Amazon Prime show where after the stand repairs they'll follow them knocking other areas down to strip even more asbestos. All workmen in peaky f***in blinder caps.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Tom Brady: "I've got a lot to learn about the sport"

First lesson, pick your team carefully!

He’s probably under the impression that best team in Europe “City” are Birmingham City :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Probably gets more DM's than he has followers as well.

You can say that again!

• Haha 2

So disappointing as a Patriots fan.

I think this will lead to a full takeover eventually by a Brady investment group and they'll get a massive cash injection, stadium rebuild, etc. 

Brady is a demigod in the USA and he can assemble heavy hitters to back him.

Huge news for the Noses.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I see we've proppa made the big time "mate", with our own thread in sha forum 🤣....bin gooin since 2008....obsessed with us.....shire dwellers.....until one or two more sensible noses (yes, i know ! ) pointed out if they added all the viler threads they've had over the years it would be double their one on blose....and what about Worcsblue....is he a proppa brummie mate or a shire dweller ?

At least Tom Brady can drink in town mate. Not like Tom Hanks who will have to settle for a tot in Lichfield mate.

i did have a good snigger at that thread. there was even the comment about never seeing any of us in town on matchday

got pretty close to a full bingo card on that thread...think it was only hawkeye that was missing

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope he does get involved in thw fitness side as i think he will make a big mess of it. Id be suprised if brady goes to sty andrews more than twice this season.

When he sees what a shithole it is i doubt he will be in a rush to go back

I expect he'll have one trip to Wast Hills and burst out laughing at the facilities.

And if he's anti vax he'll also burst out laughing again when he sees the Man on The Moon Pub chuckling that they named a pub after something that never happened.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So disappointing as a Patriots fan.

I think this will lead to a full takeover eventually by a Brady investment group and they'll get a massive cash injection, stadium rebuild, etc. 

Brady is a demigod in the USA and he can assemble heavy hitters to back him.

Huge news for the Noses.

That's if they are a success. He will soon find out

1) how hard it is to compete in english footall

2) how expensive it costs to run a football club

3) wait till he sees how toxic the blose fans can become when things go to shit

Â