Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Does Bassini even have 10 million. His Wikipedia doesn't seem to tell his wealth or how he  got" rich

Seems to have had some wealth in the family that he's been allowed to gamble with, losing again and again

I quite enjoyed this writeup of his time pretending to be about to take over Bolton

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20207747.bolton-wanderers-laurence-bassini-timeline-unfortunate-events/

April 26, 2019: Bassini says he will inject £1million in personal funds to pay players and avoid strike action, forcing the cancellation of a Championship game against Brentford.

“I am not going to allow this game to be postponed,” he said. “I will do everything I possibly can to make sure the players get paid and that this game goes ahead.”

April 27, 2019: Wanderers game against Brentford is postponed. It is the first time in Football League history that a game has been cancelled in such a way.

Wanderers issued a statement claiming Bassini had not provided the short-term funding he had pledged on signing the Sale and Purchase Agreement.

April 28, 2019: Bassini denied that he had guaranteed to provide short-term funding 

“I had a meeting with the manager and said I would deal with the wages but I could not put a time frame on it. Anyone who says I did is incorrect,” he told The Bolton News.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, choffer said:

And who is this woman with lots of football experience who is going to run it all?

Rebekah Vardy. 

She's got plenty of experience with footballers. 

Argentine TV now claiming that Maxi Lopez is about to buy them.

I doubt it's true, but even if it is I don't think it will be much better for them if it's the same deal that Bassini agreed to.

Edited by useless

30 minutes ago, claretman said:

This is hilarious.  There can’t even be any small heathens who think this is a good thing.  

A mate of mine said they'd be liquidated in 12 months. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Shouldn't be allowed full stop if Sullivan is involved (and remains involved with West Ham). I would be surprised they would go back to SHA, I thought Sullivan and Gold were West Ham "fans"... 

Gold is a lifelong West Ham fan, was even on the books as a youngster. Sullivan though professes to be a Cardiff fan having been born there.

• Thanks 1

Talksport have posted a slightly longer version of the interview with Bassini, in that one says that there's a document that should he default on the money he's borrowed from Sullivan, then Sullivan won't take the club.

Moxley has posted an interesting thread on Twitter where he essentially downplays Bassini’s involvement and actually says this new ownership is a good thing (based on investment/ sorting the ground/ and interestingly, Craig Gardner’s role in it), I’m hoping someone who’s more up-to-speed on it all can call BS on his thoughts!

Â