New Inner City Academy Buildings - Tame Road

OutByEaster?

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think this could be a real benefit to the local community, along with the proposed Villa Live building.

Probably have to to appease the council and get planning pernission

Probably not because they have stringent guidelines as to how the building then has to operate... But they might even have used the community use angle to get some sport England funding too

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Probably not because they have stringent guidelines as to how the building then has to operate... But they might even have used the community use angle to get some sport England funding too

It's being built already.

On 07/12/2022 at 10:31, villa4europe said:

The planning statement (which was granted) outlined a normal use schedule as well as an allowance for the odd community engagement activity. 

This is a community facility by design - it's purpose is to provide a place for young inner city kids to play football and for the folks from the football club to keep an eye on them and cherry pick the best ones. It's for the community, It's got planning permission, it's well underway, it'll be open for the start of next season.

I'm confused about some of these posts.

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a community facility by design - it's purpose is to provide a place for young inner city kids to play football and for the folks from the football club to keep an eye on them and cherry pick the best ones. It's for the community, It's got planning permission, it's well underway, it'll be open for the start of next season.

I may have this wrong but I think this is just for our academy footballers and trialists.  We run Teams from U6 to U16s and they have always trained at Bodymore. Having a facility like this on the clubs doorstep will be a great help for attracting kids from the local and greater Birmingham area.

I was talking to a West Brom Academy Coach a few years ago and He was saying that West Brom pick up lots of the local kids because they come from poor families and it was impossible to go to train at Bodymore if the Family didn't have a car.  Much easier for a lad from Aston to go to West Brom on the bus.  He also said that if Villa ever built an inner city training ground the rest of the local League clubs might as well give up.   I haven't spoken to him for a couple of years but I believe He is now coaching in the Villa Academy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 08/12/2022 at 18:34, OutByEaster? said:

I agree with @Noel, the latest information I saw read as though it's a private facility for the clubs trainees, trialists, and youth teams.

Hours of operation were shown to be after school and limited times at weekends.

Edit, this was the link: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/aston-villa-city-academy-brookvale-25646447

Not quite as I'd remembered but does say it's by invite only. Basically a way for us to have kids invested in us from a young age, and encourage them to sign with us when the time comes.

Edited by MrBlack

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Not quite as I'd remembered but does say it's by invite only. Basically a way for us to have kids invested in us from a young age, and encourage them to sign with us when the time comes.

That's true, but those private groups will most likely include stuff like the Aston Schools League which is for local primary schools. I think it's primarily a talent spotting factory; they'll invite kids from all over Birmingham, look at as many of them as they can and hope some of them graduate to Bodymoor. It's not like a leisure centre where Bob and his mates can book a five-a-side on Wednesday afternoon, but I also don't think it's where we'll be basing our signed prospects and developing them, I'd have thought that will still be happening at Bodymoor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Â