New Inner City Academy Buildings - Tame Road

OutByEaster?

On 09/12/2020 at 23:27, Villa_Stateside said:

This great to see.

got me thinking about if the club have anymore land for further expansion? I can’t find info anywhere 

I think they are looking at a site bordering st andrews rd, bordesley green rd and cattel rd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think they have cleaned the external concrete a couple of times, but it just gets grotty after about a year. It looks better with the dean and jack banner.

If they wait any longer it will probably be listed by the 20th Century Society as a example of brutalism.

Jesus Christ could you imagine if they did! It would be just the sort of rubbish they do 😡

• 5 months later...

Apparently the the plans for this are due to go before the city council's planning committee next week. This 'final agenda report' PDF link was added to the 'supporting documents' yesterday.

'The proposal is for the re-development of the site to provide a football academy for Aston Villa Football Club. The development will consist of one outdoor 3G, floodlit, pitch and one indoor 3G, floodlit, pitch with an attached single storey building providing changing rooms, parents lounge, office and storage. The proposal also includes 3 car parks providing a total of 445 parking spaces, areas of landscaping and the creation of a wildlife pond.'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

He was probably just waiting for someone at a board meeting to suggest renaming the whole area after him. He certainly would not have rushed to put any of his own money into building something like this for our football club, in the way that our current owners are doing. Sorry, to bring this up, but I do still have difficulty in seeing a link between fairness and a man that had so little time for those that he called "mere men of the terraces".  

From memory Doug brought the land and valued it at residential prices. But when it was valued as commercial land (its current purpose) it wasn't worth nearly as much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John said:

He was probably just waiting for someone at a board meeting to suggest renaming the whole area after him. He certainly would not have rushed to put any of his own money into building something like this for our football club, in the way that our current owners are doing. Sorry, to bring this up, but I do still have difficulty in seeing a link between fairness and a man that had so little time for those that he called "mere men of the terraces".  

Dougville does have a ring to it. 
Agree with the contempt for his tenure though, I have no doubt Doug would have benefitted personally from that land, and could never have seen him have the vision to do what Wes and Nassef are doing with this academy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John said:

Well  maybe so or not but at least we have land to expand. If it had been all flogged off it would be a lot more difficult regardless if you think Ellis was a good, bad, or indifferent owner.

• Like 2

I wonder If NSWE are buying up other plots of land around VP for other future uses. With Citeh and their sports city concept it's probably something other clubs will look to emulate. 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Planning permission is a publicly accessible online portal, you need to sift through sheds to find it but anyone can 

Application number 2020/08399/PA for anyone who is interested 

On 21/05/2021 at 22:49, sidcow said:

I wonder If NSWE are buying up other plots of land around VP for other future uses. With Citeh and their sports city concept it's probably something other clubs will look to emulate. 

Maybe they can do a deal with the council that after the commonwealth games are completed Nswe take over ownership or parts of it?

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Planning permission is a publicly accessible online portal, you need to sift through sheds to find it but anyone can 

The blosers are rebuilding too???

• Like 2

My understanding of it is that its a really modern building, fabric roof, lots of sustainable construction ideas, they have noise concerns so there will be acoustic fences and measures put in place, lots of environmental stuff too, its targeting BREEAM very good, sport England are sniffing around it for community use which would mean that the club is also applying for sport England funding, network rail wanted funding to increase the size of the ramps to the train station and the council said no 

• Like 1

This looks awesome, close to VP and should create a bit of wealth for the immediate area through employment and most importantly improve our ability to find and produce top talent. Yet another thing that underlines just how **** great the current regime is and how much we have been missing out on for so so long through miserly mismanagement through to downright incompetence and shithousery. No more, starting to feel like we might be back at last.

• Like 2

Â