New Inner City Academy Buildings - Tame Road

OutByEaster?

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's the proximity to the houses that might cause a little bit of conflict or resistance.

The main consideration here will be light so I could see the roof being angled in some way as a compromise. I don't think rights to light extend to gardens though which could give some leeway.

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, just picked up bits and pieces through uni lectures and previously working in an office full of planners.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It also opens up the space behind the North Stand to be used for something else and for more than just a match day fun centre for young fans.

They've already got permission to demolish those buildings. I was surprised they haven't started, maybe they are waiting for this replacement first. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The main consideration here will be light so I could see the roof being angled in some way as a compromise. I don't think rights to light extend to gardens though which could give some leeway.

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, just picked up bits and pieces through uni lectures and previously working in an office full of planners.

Yes, the roof is already arched with a low gradient, the highest point will be well away from the houses I would think. 

Blocks of flats wouldn't be refused planning permission which would be sheer vertical so I'm sure this will be OK, especially if they are labeling it as a community facility. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

They've already got permission to demolish those buildings. I was surprised they haven't started, maybe they are waiting for this replacement first. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that application I expect Covid slowed this down. This is why Villa is always a tempting buy as we have so much land and there are lots of possibilities with it.

In fairness to Doug at least he bought up the land around Villa during his time at the club.

• Like 1

The plan states it would be built by end of 2021 if approved.

They've approached the locals and haven't called out the that any questioned the light situation. Locals did ask if it would be available for public use (as the newsletter we sent round stated "for community use"), and villa confirmed it would not.

They've also confirmed no one has followed up with them since they consulted with them. So no local resistance particularly so far.

They're calling out the fact that permission for an employment purpose was granted (the shop), then permission for non employment was granted (the houses) so in terms of it being a big development with no employment benefit it shouldn't matter as other equivalents have already been approved.

the primary concern seems to be from a noise and wildlife disruption aspect. The noise report explains we're within the expexted limits so shouldn't be an issue. We're stating that a wildlife pond will be installed.  As its brownfield there shouldn't be too many issues there, and again pointing to other developments having been approved in terms of a wildlife impact.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

This great to see.

got me thinking about if the club have anymore land for further expansion? I can’t find info anywhere 

I think this and the Bodymoor work will probably be enough in terms of training facilities.

What is more interesting is what to do with the Villa Village/Academy and North Stand part of Villa Park area. Its'a massive area and I am still vaguely clinging onto the belief that eventually something will be done to the North Stand in the  medium to long term future.  It is a tired stand. Even though Purslow has repeatably spoken against it.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think this and the Bodymoor work will probably be enough in terms of training facilities.

What is more interesting is what to do with the Villa Village/Academy and North Stand part of Villa Park area. Its'a massive area and I am still vaguely clinging onto the belief that eventually something will be done to the North Stand in the  medium to long term future.  It is a tired stand. Even though Purslow has repeatably spoken against it.

Even if they aren't going to knock the stand down they could at least screw some facia board to it.

8 hours ago, samjp26 said:

This is something Tony Xia etc. and Unibet were trying to put together. Seemingly we now have owners who are actually putting a plan into action, great news!

Of course it does help if you have some actual, you know, money. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course it does help if you have some actual, you know, money. 

Also,  unlike what has been attempted before, it benefits the club in more ways than just cash, and benefits us indefinitely. Amazing sign of commitment from our owners.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Also,  unlike what has been attempted before, it benefits the club in more ways than just cash, and benefits us indefinitely. Amazing sign of commitment from our owners.

They are the real deal, absolutely no doubt. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, paul514 said:

It can only be positive news when you see things like this.

My dream is we buy up Dale End knock the whole place down and put a new ground there.

You'll never take the NCP car park down never I tells you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

You'll never take the NCP car park down never I tells you!

😂

it’s my dream location right next to Aston uni and in the town centre.

id drag down that market next to it as well!

There is just the small problem of it probably costing more than a billion 🤡

We wouldn’t even need Barry Fry to piss all over the places there’s tons of that all over the ground in that car park

Edited by paul514

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

Even if they aren't going to knock the stand down they could at least screw some facia board to it.

I think they have cleaned the external concrete a couple of times, but it just gets grotty after about a year. It looks better with the dean and jack banner.

If they wait any longer it will probably be listed by the 20th Century Society as a example of brutalism.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 08/12/2020 at 20:57, OutByEaster? said:

This is a pretty major development - and for me it's a fantastic way for the club to reach out to the local community.

The club has run school leagues within the area for a number of years in the old academy building on the North Stand car park - this facility is light years from that and will really make an impact I think - an awful lot of kids from central Birmingham are going to be playing football in a Villa facility.

It also opens up the space behind the North Stand to be used for something else and for more than just a match day fun centre for young fans.

And, again, it shows that we have owners that are very serious about making this football club a leader and one that compares well with the biggest in the country - this won't be cheap and reading through a couple of the documents on the planning site, it's not being done on the cheap.

I'm putting this one down as very good news.

its fantastic news.....with these owners, I have to pinch myself.

they are great and so lucky to have them.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

its fantastic news.....with these owners, I have to pinch myself.

they are great and so lucky to have them.

Heard some of this in the early years of Lerner, but this time it does seem different and the investment in the Academy, Youth  and Women are all with the long-term in mind.

• Like 2

Â