New Inner City Academy Buildings - Tame Road

OutByEaster?

10 minutes ago, andycv said:

Is this open yet?  I would have thought the club might make a big announcement about it?  Isn't it meant to be used for match days too?

They're running kids soccer schools at it during October half term I believe so yes it is open. It's not public though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, andycv said:

Is this open yet?  I would have thought the club might make a big announcement about it?  Isn't it meant to be used for match days too?

It’s been open a while now , full calendar of local school fixtures and district football for inner city schools along with our u7s development groups . There are a few Academy fixtures now held there also 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andycv said:

Isn't it meant to be used for match days too?

It will be - but the big blocker on it is the 'punch through' tunnel at the end of Station Road under the railway - if the council/club/railway authority can get that done, this becomes a real asset on match days, a two minute walk in the shadow of the new North Stand.

As it is, it's a thrilling safari past an old factory, the railway station, Witton Island and the wedding suite that's a much longer and less pleasant walk - I think they're holding off on that basis.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It will be - but the big blocker on it is the 'punch through' tunnel at the end of Station Road under the railway - if the council/club/railway authority can get that done, this becomes a real asset on match days, a two minute walk in the shadow of the new North Stand.

As it is, it's a thrilling safari past an old factory, the railway station, Witton Island and the wedding suite that's a much longer and less pleasant walk - I think they're holding off on that basis.

Staff use the facility for parking on matchdays 

50 minutes ago, Chine said:

Staff use the facility for parking on matchdays 

I've parked there myself - the walk from the staff car park isn't actually too bad, you come out next to the train station and although you're never quite sure what you'll find at the island outside of match times, it's alright. The entrance for people using the main facility though is further away and it's a long walk for families - i think once they get the punch through and have converted the old academy building, they'll put a bridge over the river and the new building will be used as a matchday family area (or Hospitality if Heck finds it).

Do you reckon they’ll get the yocal yout to charge £5 for safe passage through Feb punch through and split the profits with the club ? 

All joking aside I doubt it will be a free to use facility for families on match days 

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Do you reckon they’ll get the yocal yout to charge £5 for safe passage through Feb punch through and split the profits with the club ? 

All joking aside I doubt it will be a free to use facility for families on match days 

The current warehouse is exactly that. 

I suspect when that gets converted to a bar and pre match gathering area for fans, the family focused part of it will be shifted to the training centre.

I doubt they'll charge for it, and if they did I doubt it would work given that it's a walk to the stadium. But if its a free way for you to tire the kids out before expecting them to sit happily for 100 minutes then it's going to be a great way to encourage new families with younger kid's to come, and get those younger fans indoctrinated to the Villa. 

Â