New Inner City Academy Buildings - Tame Road

OutByEaster?

Looks promising for the club. Couple of dubious statements in the newsletter they sent to the public... "for community use"... but only if they're part of the Villa academy. Unless they start offering its use to schools during daytime (alluded to in the submission) they'll be struggling to honour this commitment.

Also the indoor pitch blocks all the light coming from the west into the houses on Tame Road. Choice between derelict land at the foot of your garden or a 20m high building blocking your sunlight.

Hopefully gets through planning and the club have got the locals on board. Got to be a better use than being derelict brownfield.

Be a great addition to the clubs footprint in the area if it happens. Also another great indicator of how serious our owners are. 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

berahino is the obvious one, embarrassing that he got picked up by baggies and not us

Given how his career has turned out I don't think we missed much. 

This is excellent news and shows the long term vision for the club. With the impending implosion of small heath we seem to be positioning the club well to be "Birmingham's Club". With the large population base there's no reason why we couldn't have one of the best academy's in the country and a very large fanbase. Like him or not Purslow seems to be a great CEO and has the long term interests of the club in mind, not just short term Ridsdale mode.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

Is this the staff car park that we tried to sell off in the last days of Dr Tony? There is a big push from the FA for 3G pitches and would also tick boxes in having such facilities in a disadvantaged area. I suspect they will need mitigating actions for the floodlights given its next to the river tame in regards to wildlife, and I presume this is out of the floodzone. 

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Given how his career as turned out I don't think we missed much. 

This is excellent news and shows the long term vision for the club. With the impending implosion of small heath we seem to be positioning the club well to be "Birmingham's Club". With the large population base there's no reason why we couldn't have one of the best academy's in the country and a very large fanbase. Like him or not Purslow seems to be a great CEO and has the long term interests of the club in mind, not just short term Ridsdale mode.

Its the wider point though, a professional footballer who was a decent PL player before he went nuts went to school in B6 and we missed him 

Throw in other guys from the city redmond, gray, sinclair, sturridge obviously came and went, those who we ended up with years later like Knight and Richards, a little bit further afield maddison, Wilson, Williams, lescott

Blues have brought through more brummies than we have, so completely agree with your 2nd bit

Edited by villa4europe

It will also hopefully help us spot talent before the other Midlands sides too.

Always a bug bear of mine that we let local talented youngsters slip through our fingers in the past!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

This would reduce the amount of parking in the area though on match days on top of the Serpentine being sold off years ago and less parking available at the former transport museum. Perhaps Villa could lobby for better train services from Witton on match days, especially if we do ever increase capacity.

Edit- I think only reduces it by about 50 spaces. However the distance to the house at Tame Road could be a issue.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

What stage is this at ? - are they plans with a view to build once approved - or is it a plan that we can implement some time in the future.

Hope it's the former - would be a massive statement of intent.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Why do I get the feeling that it might get rejected. Could be an idea to buy the powerleague site instead? If available of course.

I'd be surprised. With this type of project it's likely there have already been discussions and the planners will have a good idea of the outcome, pending minor alterations from the council.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be surprised. With this type of project it's likely there have already been discussions and the planners will have a good idea of the outcome, pending minor alterations from the council.

It's the proximity to the houses that might cause a little bit of conflict or resistance.

Â