Transgenderism

Chindie

Sex sells. They’ve been sold half a salacious story with three wins. It tars trans people, and it tars some Scottish politicians, it ramps up clicks and sales.

The usual suspects love to latch on to shit like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

You need evidence that the average Brit would be unhappy with men having access to strictly female areas based solely on their word that they became a woman 5 minutes before? 

No, you need the evidence not me, I'm not claiming to speak on behalf of the "average Brit."

I suspect your "average Brit" might think this rapist should be castrated

It's not the opinion I object to, it's the claiming to know what a majority of British people think with no evidence to back that claim up that I object to.

This might be one of those slam dunk opinions and you might be right but you nor I know for certain if that is the case.

53 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I’d like to be educated on this if my post seems a bit excessive but i think it’s valid giving the current landscape. The pronoun thing is gathering pace. Is it totally implausible to think that in future that a paedophile would rape a child, identify himself/herself as a child and then has a ready made defense in court ? I’m not been sensationalist here but….

Why would the gender identity of the perpetrator be a defense of the crime?

Female paedophiles exist and are prosecuted

What pronouns have to do with paedophiles, I have no idea. You seem confused

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64413242

But given the understandable public and parliamentary concern in this case, I can confirm to parliament that this prisoner will not be incarcerated at Cornton Vale women's prison.

"I hope that provides assurance to the public."

The first minister said any prisoner who posed a risk of sexual offending was segregated from other prisoners including while a risk assessment was carried out.

She said: "There is no automatic right for a trans woman convicted of a crime to serve their sentence in a female prison even if they have a gender recognition certificate.

even the bbc went with a misleading headline of "Moved to men's prison" which the average reader would automatically take to mean that at some stage they were in the general population of a woman's prison...which clearly isn't the case here

that being said, it's a difficult one. a trans woman, whether pre or post op, who wears make up, hair etc as a woman, would absolutely be a potential target for some male prisoners. even if he was still a non-trans male he'd be at risk from other prisoners, this just adds another dimension to the problem.

on the flip side, someone who is imprisoned for raping women before transitioning to a woman themselves shouldn't be allowed around female prisoners either

**** if i know what the solution is here

A rapist of any stripe would usually not be put in with ‘ordinary’ prisoners that have not committed crimes involving sex. They would ‘usually’ be on the vulnerable prisoner wing, or VPU.

It is the intention of many prisoners to prove their manhood by harming any ‘nonces’.

It really doesn’t take much more than a basic google search.

58 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It would still be illegal to have underage sex wouldn't it?

If the adult identifies as a child though ? I know it’s absurd but i do think a lot of it is getting into silly territory already. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

If the adult identifies as a child though ? I know it’s absurd but i do think a lot of it is getting into silly territory already. 

it's physically possible to change your gender

it's not physically possibly to change your age

it's really not that silly

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Adults identifying as children?

You're either an adult or a child based on your age. It's a legal definition, not an identity choice

You're making things up now

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Adults identifying as children?

You're either an adult or a child based on your age. It's a legal definition, not an identity choice

You're making things up now

Concerns raised over new 'transage' condition as social media account goes viral - Scottish Daily Express

It is defined as "people who identify, relate, or affiliate with an age different than their chronological age recorded at birth" meaning that a person could identify as someone younger or older than themselves.

But concerns have been raised that predatory men could take advantage of this if it became as socially acceptable as being a trans person.

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

fine. but there is zero chance of someone ever escaping a statutory rape charge because the underage victim identified as an adult. that law (IMO) won't change in our lifetime

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's physically possible to change your gender

it's not physically possibly to change your age

it's really not that silly

Can you really change your gender, though? I know you can have reconstructive surgery and take hormones, but genetically speaking, can you somehow delete your undesired sex chromosome? 

Also, when people say men can get pregnant, are they really just saying that born females who identify as male can get pregnant?

Happy to be enlightened on these items.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Can you really change your gender, though? I know you can have reconstructive surgery and take hormones, but genetically speaking, can you somehow delete your undesired sex chromosome? 

Also, when people say men can get pregnant, are they really just saying that born females who identify as male can get pregnant?

Stop confusing sex and gender. They are not the same. 

The whole trans debate becomes a lot easier once you make that distinction

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Men can get pregnant wtf? I better start using protection then 😉

Edited by Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I’d like to be educated on this if my post seems a bit excessive but i think it’s valid giving the current landscape. The pronoun thing is gathering pace. Is it totally implausible to think that in future that a paedophile would rape a child, identify himself/herself as a child and then has a ready made defense in court ? I’m not been sensationalist here but….

You absolutely are being sensationalist

9 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I don’t post here any more largely because of what some of the people who have posted in this thread clearly believe about me and people like me but it’s a bit hard to hold my tongue when a bunch of you are advocating for sentencing largely (not exclusively but largely) non violent offenders literally to lives of carceral rape in male prisons.

You throw a woman, trans or otherwise into a male prison population you are essentially guaranteeing they will be assaulted frequently and studies bare this out. The vast majority of incarcerated trans women are in prison for sex work and non violent drug offences and pose a significantly lower risk to a women’s prison population than they would face in any facility with men. Regardless of what you believe about us or not surely this seems disproportionate to you?

I’m sorry that the discussion of the topic has made you feel so uncomfortable and I apologise if any of my previous comments have added to that.

I agree with everything you’ve said about non-violent offenders. Those trans people that have no history of violence towards cis women clearly there’s a sensible decision to be made on a case by case basis and like you I’d lean towards those people being in female cat D prisons.

This case is very very different and I believe you know that. To conflate a non-violent offender in prison for either sex work or drugs with a two time rapist, still possessed of his penis - sorry if that’s crude, but it’s relevant - is wrong. He/she is a threat to the cis women in that prison, a lot of whom will probably be victims of sexual violence themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Ask a women if a transgender man is actually a women, then you'll get your answer.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ask a women if a transgender man is actually a women, then you'll get your answer.

You mean ask the LGB Alliance right, as I am sure you do not speak for all women.

Â