Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

6 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Henry best LB in championship after an injury hit first couple of seasons he is  bang on it now and always said he will be the first to play for England ( although Oli will be now)

DaSilva taken a while to get there but superb this season strong quick along with Norguaard the best 2 midfielders in championship 

Toney has been excellent he’s a monster will score more than Oli managed last season not as good yet but can’t see us holding on to him if we don’t go up.

Canos not a great fan but has been good last few games after being out for 9 months with a bad injury not PL quality 

Mbeumo had a great season but struggled the start of this still just 21 could go to the top

Pinnock no better central defender in the championship will def play PL

deals GIF by Liaizon Wakest

Watching Davis today I can confidently say I'd love to see someone like Mandzukic come in. If not him someone as experienced and skilled who can keep the ball. Had he been available to come on today with Watkins going to the right we would have got a few more chances towards the end.

I want to see Davis finally score but we have to be ruthless moving forward.

• Like 2

Lot of comments about Rico Henry, but how about a punt on Liverpool U23 player Yasser Larouci?  Will turn 20 in Jan and his contract is expiring in the summer. He’s apparently as fast as **** and can play wide LM / LW.

From what I’ve read he was seen to be the academy player who would make it to the first team squad and act as cover to Robertson, but Liverpool have got 2-3 players in the academy / U23s that they want to push through.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm assuming the Matius Vecino link is pure garbage?

I hope not. Would be great cover for Douglas at DCM. Isn’t he out of contract in the summer, so loan and then sign him of a free?

Would be smart business imo.

For me, if we are to do business, I think there’s 3 key areas to strengthen. 

CB

CM 

ST 

I’m concerned if Mings/Konsa, Luiz/McGinn or Watkins are out for any length of time.

We’re battling for Europe now and need better depth!!

Edited by nnock1984

I think we'll go for a striker. Was telling today (but could be just a coincidence) that Dean said we are expecting Barkley and Trezeguet back. No mention of Wesley. Assume he's a way off yet, if that's the case then I think we have to get a Striker. It wouldn't be fair on Ollie to expect him to put in that shift until the end of the season.

Should've signed Toney straight after Ollie and just skipped the middle man 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

The squad needs the following.

LB

LCB

Def CM

Wide right mid

Forward

Oh and a GK just because it’s tradition. 😉

Now clearly we won’t sign all those I. jan but I do think we need two or three of these if we want to push for top eight.

We have 2 lcbs mings and hause but only one rcb (engels is never fit)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

The squad needs the following.

LB

LCB

Def CM

Wide right mid

Forward

Oh and a GK just because it’s tradition. 😉

Now clearly we won’t sign all those I. jan but I do think we need two or three of these if we want to push for top eight.

Your suggestion of Saka can probably do most of those positions except LCB and Maitland Niles can probably do most of those positions except forward. I love a good utility player.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

We have 2 lcbs mings and hause but only one rcb (engels is never fit)

Is he never fit or has he just fallen out with DS as rumoured?

Either way it doesn’t feel like he’s providing serious competition at RCB.

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Josh King would be a decent shout 

He's proper garbage. Plays more in Grealish position on the left. Has around same amount of games at CF as Traore and Traore has waaaay better goal and assist returns

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Your suggestion of Saka can probably do most of those positions except LCB and Maitland Niles can probably do most of those positions except forward. I love a good utility player.

Saka can’t play LB and def CM...

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He's proper garbage. Plays more in Grealish position on the left. Has around same amount of games at CF as Traore and Traore has waaaay better goal and assist returns

Completely agree - he’d be a Spud signing if ever there was one.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watching Davis today I can confidently say I'd love to see someone like Mandzukic come in. If not him someone as experienced and skilled who can keep the ball. Had he been available to come on today with Watkins going to the right we would have got a few more chances towards the end.

I want to see Davis finally score but we have to be ruthless moving forward.

I have also been thinking about an experienced striker on loan or short-term deal, but other than Mandzukic, who hasn't played in months and would cost a boatload, I'm struggling to think of any. Would be great for Watkins (and Davis) to have an experienced, classy forward to learn from. Someone else previously mentioned bringing in a top forward coach, which is also an option, but also don't know who may be available there either.

• Like 1

In the post match interview today Deano was asked outright by Le Saux and Townsend if we'd be bringing anyone in. To paraphrase him he said only if the deal was right. But then he added when it comes to transfers we've always got our finger on the pulse.

Sounds likely to me.

• Like 2