Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

I'd not be against getting Dele Alli on loan but he will want game time and I don't think we can offer it him. I haven't really rated him for a while but there is a player in there somewhere, he has a lot of mates in this team and he'd get more freedom with how we play. If we don't get Barkley on a permanent it wouldn't surprise me to see us look at him. Wonder what both of them would be priced at in todays market.

Targett getting injured would cause us massive problems as would McGinn or Luiz. Some squad/youth players at CM/LB would be ideal.

44 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Because Steerio, they are a selling club, and we are bigger.

It wouldn't be worth going for anyone according to you.

Not sure where you got that idea, I have never suggested it’s not worth going for any targets??

wolves are far from a selling club they just spent 35m on a teenager and haven’t sold any of their top assets other than jota for 5 years.

There are many players out there who are both more realistic and with potentially higher ceilings than podence.

it may have slipped your attention but they have finished 7th for two seasons in a row. 

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I keep saying it but I think up and coming young Championship players are what we should be adding in January. It’s what Leicester did very successfully in the past and it’s a great way to add depth and build long term.

We’ve picked up the likes of Konsa and Cash and there will be other gems like that out there.

You’ve got Harry Souttar & Nathan Collins at Stoke. Possibly  Max Bird, Lee Buchanan and  krystian Bielik at Derby. Han-Noah Massengo at Bristol City, Michael Olise at Reading,  Tom Bayliss at Preston was a good prospect when he was at Coventry - not sure how he has done since? ...All fit the mould and I’m sure there are countless others @Villan4Life will be able to fill us in on I’m sure...That’s also not considering any players from the relegated clubs from last season young prospects (Aaron’s, Lloyd Kelly,  Brooks, etc) 

To add to the championship youngsters we should also be looking at the sky 6 squads for youngsters on the periphery. Players like Reiss Nelson, Yasser Larouci with little to no game time. Will Taylor Harwood - Bellis ever see Citehs 1st XI? Then you have Ethan Ampadu, Connor Gallagher & Faustino Anjorin at Chelsea - I doubt they will all make the 1st team squad long term.

Then you move abroad and you have have; Johnathan Panzo, Marcus Edwards, and Max Clark +others ... In Scotland you have Turnbull, Haggi, Lewis Ferguson + (Edouard & Ajer) etc... The list goes on & on. I’d  love to take a peek into our data room ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Source?

I know it isn't super accurate but transfermarkt values ikone at 32.4 mil and Bamba at 18 mil but since Bamba has 5 goals and 6 assists in 17 appearances and is under 25 he will also cost 30+ mil.

Generally I'd say players values on transfermarkt should be increased by 50-100% I.e Bamba is probably 35 mil. Because you want to buy a replacement level player and a another squad piece with the money you get. 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Agreed but Norwich won't let go of their best player if they get promoted which is looking highly likely atm

Perhaps, but we don't know their current finances and one would think they may have an unhappy player on their hands if they refuse a good offer.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I know it isn't super accurate but transfermarkt values ikone at 32.4 mil and Bamba at 18 mil but since Bamba has 5 goals and 6 assists in 17 appearances and is under 25 he will also cost 30+ mil.

Generally I'd say players values on transfermarkt should be increased by 50-100% I.e Bamba is probably 35 mil. Because you want to buy a replacement level player and a another squad piece with the money you get. 

Was only a little surprised to read in the Guardian this week that Transfermarkt is just a fan in each country putting their view of what a player’s worth is - it’s no more accurate than whatever you or I might price any given Prem player at - hence I guess your point that you think they undervalue players significantly.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Was only a little surprised to read in the Guardian this week that Transfermarkt is just a fan in each country putting their view of what a player’s worth is - it’s no more accurate than whatever you or I might price any given Prem player at - hence I guess your point that you think they undervalue players significantly.

Lol I could've told you their valuations are way off 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol I could've told you their valuations are way off 

Well yeah I’ve never taken it very seriously but I had thought it was more scientific than it just being a PE teacher in Lyon putting numbers by all the Ligue 1 players haha.

44 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well yeah I’ve never taken it very seriously but I had thought it was more scientific than it just being a PE teacher in Lyon putting numbers by all the Ligue 1 players haha.

I think McGinn was something like 8.5m last year and Grealish et al were a joke. I knew then

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

But then there is Covid tanking the economy and the collapse of the French TV-deal a month or so ago. There is a real financial crisis in French football and some clubs will be forced to sell players for less than they might be worth. Remains to be seen if Lille is one of those clubs but if they are letting Renato Sanches go for the reported €18m then it would suggest they are.

3 hours ago, sne said:

But then there is Covid tanking the economy and the collapse of the French TV-deal a month or so ago. There is a real financial crisis in French football and some clubs will be forced to sell players for less than they might be worth. Remains to be seen if Lille is one of those clubs but if they are letting Renato Sanches go for the reported €18m then it would suggest they are.

Let's get Jordan Amavi back then 

I'd also say Camavinga as he's destined for the top but at just 18 he's already linked to Madrid for the summer. 

Can't say I've seen him play but Boubakary Soumare has some good stats and some good reviews from the French League too. Has been linked with AC Milan and Arsenal but feels more achievable than Camavinga even if also a stretch. At 21 he's only going to get better too

Obligatory vid: 

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're much better off just with our loaded and ambitious owners and MON was/is a flog who spunked good money after bad on horrendous retirees and lived off Robertson running the team football wise and has been found out repeatedly since he walked out on us

Not for me, at the time we had a team challenging the top 4, Gabby, Ashley Young, Milner, Downing, Barry. Most of which went on to have careers in teams challenging for titles.

We also had Randy spending money and engaging the fans. Clearly some of that unravelled buts let's not kid ourselves, MON had built a very good team and if we get back to a side that consistently challenges year after year then the current regime will have done very well indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not for me, at the time we had a team challenging the top 4, Gabby, Ashley Young, Milner, Downing, Barry. Most of which went on to have careers in teams challenging for titles.

We also had Randy spending money and engaging the fans. Clearly some of that unravelled buts let's not kid ourselves, MON had built a very good team and if we get back to a side that consistently challenges year after year then the current regime will have done very well indeed.

I will be shocked if we don't improve long term on MONs 3x times 6th finishes and no domestic trophy. Gabby and Downing? Give me a break. Gabby was a dead weight the last 5 seasons with us 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I will be shocked if we don't improve long term on MONs 3x times 6th finishes and no domestic trophy. Gabby and Downing? Give me a break. Gabby was a dead weight the last 5 seasons with us 

Correct, but not during peak MON times when he broke into the england side.

The original statement was that the current setup was better than at under time under MON. That's simply not true. If Dean goes onto achieve 3 top 6 finishes and challenges the top 4 then he will have done very well. That is what MON achieved though, we cant simply ignore it.

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Correct, but not during peak MON times when he broke into the england side.

The original statement was that the current setup was better than at under time under MON. That's simply not true. If Dean goes onto achieve 3 top 6 finishes and challenges the top 4 then he will have done very well. That is what MON achieved though, we cant simply ignore it.

Gregory was 1st in January MON achieved nothing. So over this worship of this clown that left us in the shit

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sne said:

If he is available for that we should be all over it. He is a very similar player to mcginn but a bit worse defensively but more athletic and better attacking. Would be great to have as a rotational piece.

Soumare as a DM would also be very good. Got very good defensive and build up play stats.