Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

15 minutes ago, Villastine said:

We should try to get Todd Cantwell from Norwich. 

Fantastic player and might actually be getable with a significant bid.

Not for me. We are above that now. To push on we need to buy better quality not the Cantwells of the world. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Villastine said:

We should try to get Todd Cantwell from Norwich. 

Fantastic player and might actually be getable with a significant bid.

No way we want Buendia off them rather than Cantwell

16 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we thinking there will be any spending or are we waiting until the summer to unload the war chest? I wonder how we're doing with FFP.

I'd be surprised if we bought a first team starter in January, I just think Dean will want to wait and add the next few pieces of the jigsaw in the summer.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we thinking there will be any spending or are we waiting until the summer to unload the war chest? I wonder how we're doing with FFP.

I'd say we're pretty sweet more so when we offload likes of Lansbury, Hourihane, Elmo etc

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd say we're pretty sweet more so when we offload likes of Lansbury, Hourihane, Elmo etc

I agree but there’s no one that would touch Lansbury on the wages he’s on... he’s here for the duration, will go on a free to someone like Ipswich and that’ll be him done.

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree but there’s no one that would touch Lansbury on the wages he’s on... he’s here for the duration, will go on a free to someone like Ipswich and that’ll be him done.

Yeah but this last year of contract no?

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would much prefer Angelino off Man City than Zinchenko

Leipzig will get him permanent you'd imagine. Man. City have used him oddly last few years even though left back is a massive weak spot in their team given how bad Mendy has been last two years since he came back from his ACL.

One of my favourite full backs out there.

Was critical of Targett last season but he's really kicked on this year so fair play. We'll obviously get in another LB once Taylor leaves but I think it will be more of a younger up and coming prospect, bit like we've done on the other side with Cash so probably someone from the championship.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I really have no idea, we obviously aren’t falling foul of the rules as we speak but surely we are sailing close to the limits until the summer?

Demarai Gray would be a very astute signing, for somebody. However I'm doubtful we will be in for a player like that in the forward positions, as in one who wants and needs to play every week. 

I would like to see the scouting department work it's magic for once and pluck a relatively obscure 22 year old forward for a few million from the Swedish leagues to provide healthy competition to Ollie et al. Same at left back.

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but it would seem unwise to be going all in on a player(s) we don't necessarily need this January. It's still not obvious to me where the next big signing needs to be, and might not be until the summer rolls around.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Demarai Gray would be a very astute signing, for somebody. However I'm doubtful we will be in for a player like that in the forward positions, as in one who wants and needs to play every week. 

I would like to see the scouting department work it's magic for once and pluck a relatively obscure 22 year old forward for a few million from the Swedish leagues to provide healthy competition to Ollie et al. Same at left back.

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but it would seem unwise to be going all in on a player(s) we don't necessarily need this January. It's still not obvious to me where the next big signing needs to be, and might not be until the summer rolls around.

Demarai Gray is an interesting one!  In the 25 man squad but hasn't even made the Leicester bench this season, potentially on account of his likely transfer (out of contract this summer).  Apparently Everton and Tottenham are interested in one of those 'cut-price deals'.  Aside from surprise at how little he has featured for Leicester I can't say I could tell you much about the fella.  But was definitely feted pretty recently.  Any insights?

Ask any Leicester fan, and they hate him. Said he’s got a poor attitude, toxic in the dressing room, etc. Saw a thread about it on Twitter recently. Can’t say I’ve ever seen much of him, but I’d avoid from that alone.