Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we should try get origi on loan with view of permanent transfer in summer in January. 

He has premier league experience. Bags of poential and wont cost a significant amount. Has scored goals at this level and knows the league.

I think he could be really good here with a run of games

He has scored goals at this level? His record is dreadful and cant get any game time in a team with the manager crying for more subs

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He has scored goals at this level? His record is dreadful and cant get any game time in a team with the manager crying for more subs

But liverpool have a front three of salah mane and firmino not exactly a shit front three! And liverpool are far better than we are.

Origi is a improvement to davis thats for sure. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think a youngish forward with lots of pace that is comfortable wide right is what we need. Whether we can find that within our means is another question.

He’s called Ismaila Sarr and he currently resides in Watford! He has the priceless attribute of being proven in English football and so (theoretically) should hit the ground running in January without the need to adjust. 

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

He’s called Ismaila Sarr and he currently resides in Watford! He has the priceless attribute of being proven in English football and so (theoretically) should hit the ground running in January without the need to adjust. 

Watford would want to break even though and that's 35-40 million. I actually think he'd cost 50 million. Decent player but IMO a bit pricey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watford would want to break even though and that's 35-40 million. I actually think he'd cost 50 million. Decent player but IMO a bit pricey.

I’d like to see us test the water. It’d be down to the player, I would imagine. With Watford sitting 3rd in the championship I’m sure they’d prefer to keep him. But, as ever, money talks. 

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

I’d like to see us test the water. It’d be down to the player, I would imagine. With Watford sitting 3rd in the championship I’m sure they’d prefer to keep him. But, as ever, money talks. 

Fair enough. He definitely will bring what we are lacking at the moment. Extreme pace.

Like a boxer with one punch knockout power extreme pace sends shivers down the spine's of defenders.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But liverpool have a front three of salah mane and firmino not exactly a shit front three! And liverpool are far better than we are.

Origi is a improvement to davis thats for sure. 

Firmino had been out of form, Salah sick, Jota injured and the manager has complained all season about subs and rotation

yet Origi has played just 7 minutes all season. He is shit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Firmino had been out of form, Salah sick, Jota injured and the manager has complained all season about subs and rotation

yet Origi has played just 7 minutes all season. He is shit

Think thats harsh. He hasnt ever been given a long stretch of games there and liverpool are ina  different position for us. Tekkers was great for us went there and was shit. He has a lot of potential  and still young

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think thats harsh. He hasnt ever been given a long stretch of games there and liverpool are ina  different position for us. Tekkers was great for us went there and was shit. He has a lot of potential  and still young

7 minutes all season in a covid ridden season, he actually has the least minutes of any striker this season. Record was poor in France and Germany and hasnt scored an international goal in 6 years spanning 17 caps

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wonder if we could get Origi on loan with an option to buy. Then if he flops we can just send him back to Liverpool. 

The conditional sentence shows why we shouldn't bother with the suggestion. I think we've seen enough of Origi to know what kind of player he is and I don't think he's the answer to any of our problems. 

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

They will never sell him in their position! Good chance in the summer if they dont go up though. 

• Like 2

I know Samatta was a gamble that didn't work out, but I would genuinely rather we gamble on overseas or lower league recruits than try and buy any of the Premier League dross that becomes available in January. The Jan transfer window only benefits selling clubs in this country.

I think Origi is a decent player and better in almost everyway to Davis. But would I spend the amount of money Liverpool would want for him? Probably not.

I think we need another wide option, with Wesley returning soon he can replace Watkins up top. I still think we lack a real threat from the right. Sarr from Watford is a good shout, but they are pushing for automatic promotion so won't let him go on the cheap. If we are going to spend big could we get Marcus Thuram? Can play anywhere across the front 3 and has bags of potential and only 23.