Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: text that says "CHANCES CREATED Most in English Leagues since Aug 2018 Emiliano Buendia Barry Bannan Kevin De Bruyne Pablo Hernandez Jack Grealish 220 211 208 203 198"

Just saw this on Facebook. Impressive.

He’s doing very well at Norwich, and he did fairly well last year in the Prem. I would love him, but think his stock has risen slightly too high now and we’ll have to pay £40m+ (that’s a guess!)

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think if we brought in Bannan, he'd just be a shiitier version of Conor.

In fact, I ran the calculations. Since August 2018, Bannan's average minutes per assist is 433 minutes whilst Conor's is 300 minutes. Its just Bannan has been starting every game for Wednesday during this period.

Sheffield Wednesday are pretty crap though, dont finish above mid table in that division and currently have 10 goals this season. Bannan has 2 goals and 2 assists out of the 10

Not saying to bring him back 😉 that time has passed

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think we won't spend much at all. Maybe we will get one player in. 

And me, we're safely mid table with Wes coming back, maybe a reinforcement in the middle or out wide if someone we like comes available but failing that we sit down with the academy manager and have a review of who is ready when 

Wouldn't be surprised if we do absolutely nothing, no ins no outs 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s doing very well at Norwich, and he did fairly well last year in the Prem. I would love him, but think his stock has risen slightly too high now and we’ll have to pay £40m+ (that’s a guess!)

I think Norwich had said they wouldn't let him go for less that 50 didnt they???

What we have to question is if he was bought for that much lets say, would he put to bed this right wing position and lay claim to it without a doubt??

I think without question he would but 50 mills is alot of money isnt it, doubt we would pay that in January and not sure if wed pay it in the summer.

Depends how much the Owners cough up next time they make a cash injection for s spending spree. The owners have just coughed up 230 million dollars around for one player in the NBA for there team so if they think a player is worth it they will splash the cash especially if they think theres good return. Forgot the players name who they bought but remember reading that the return on this player would be near 50 mill per annum.

Our Owners want to win things you can not only tell by us but how they are across the sports they own.

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We won't bring in another winger until Trez or El Ghazi get shipped out. No matter how much we all want another RW. 

Still don't think Traore was the right player for us. 

I'm struggling with Troare too.

Maybe this one will be a second season break through?

Definitely need better players. I think LB CM poss CDM and a striker are needed but I don't think we get all them now.

An improvement on Trez and El ghazi is needed if we want to progress next season.

Early days but Lookman at fulham looks good...but defo not for pens.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think we won't spend much at all. Maybe we will get one player in. 

What’s great to see is that we are looking into the longer term with our recruitment.  Assuming we can shift players out to resolve any FFP issues, and we can get someone to significantly improve the first team, over the next 2-3 years then we’ll spend.  If there’s no-one to fit the bill, then we’ll continue as we are, strengthen by the return of Wes, Heaton and hopefully improved form from Traore and AAG.

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think if we brought in Bannan, he'd just be a shiitier version of Conor.

In fact, I ran the calculations. Since August 2018, Bannan's average minutes per assist is 433 minutes whilst Conor's is 300 minutes. Its just Bannan has been starting every game for Wednesday during this period.

I was talking about Buendia 

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think Norwich had said they wouldn't let him go for less that 50 didnt they???

What we have to question is if he was bought for that much lets say, would he put to bed this right wing position and lay claim to it without a doubt??

I think without question he would but 50 mills is alot of money isnt it, doubt we would pay that in January and not sure if wed pay it in the summer.

Depends how much the Owners cough up next time they make a cash injection for s spending spree. The owners have just coughed up 230 million dollars around for one player in the NBA for there team so if they think a player is worth it they will splash the cash especially if they think theres good return. Forgot the players name who they bought but remember reading that the return on this player would be near 50 mill per annum.

Our Owners want to win things you can not only tell by us but how they are across the sports they own.

In the summer the only thing I know Norwich said is the bidding for their top players starts at 20m....

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Guilbert is a good shout, lansbury I think we're stuck with 

I wonder if he'd be interested in terminating his contract with us to go and help his old club Forest. I know he's not a Forest fan, but he played his best football there and might feel like it would be a good return. (Although, he does seem like he's happy being a non-footballer nowadays)