England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

It's been really bad.  We have no fluency going forward and now they've picked us off twice we've got no way back with this system. 

4 at the back Gazzy boy.  It's the only way out of this unholy mess. 

Edited by sidcow

Anyone else dying to know if England get their own slice of popular 90s dance if they score?

If we conjure up a nifty passing move they can do ''I like to move it, move it''.  Bobby Brown's ''Two Can Play That Game'' can be blasted when that mythical Grealish Mount team-up happens. 

I vote for Renegade Master or Ebeneezer Goode.  EMF's Unbelievable for the stunning comeback winner.  Although that is stretching the dance remit.  We shall have to see.

• Haha 1

Jack Looking a bit lost out there but that’s more about the system than Jack. 

At 2 down England should sacrifice Dier , who let’s face it is a liability anyway , and get something extra into midfield 

• Like 1

Are we actually playing wing backs?  Theyve hardly bombed on at all, it's like a flat back 5 with 2 sitting midfielders.  Mings has probably made the most forward runs of all of them.  With Mount and Grealish not playing wide either how the **** are we supposed to create anything?

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I really can't stand 5 at the back.

You are sacrificing a midfielder/attacker for an extra defender which is negative by nature.

It isn't inherently negative. Look at the way Belgium use it. They get an extra winger on the pitch. They still play 4 natural defenders. That is the issue. We play 2 full backs and then go with 2 defensive midfielders on top of that when Belgium use Tielemans and Witsel who are both very good going forward and Witsel is as good defensively as rice. 

Surprised at all this moaning, England haven't played badly and it could be argued have been the better side, Belgium have been good enough to take their two chances which is the main difference.

I don't like Southgate as a manager, but don't think he's done much wrong today in terms of the side he's put out, Grealish hasn't been as good as he can be, but that's not Southgate's fault.

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I suspect we will see Jack substituted at half-time for Sancho. Well done Gareth you’ve given the lad a chance on his first start with a wank formation

I hope so, no protection from the ref at all. We're wasting our time with Gareth. We are in exactly the same position as we were against Croatia and he had no answers then and he won't now. It's the FA fault, their where the blame lays for England's hopeless record in international football.

4yrs in the job and Kane and Pickford are the only 2 guaranteed starters. 

He doesn't know his best defence, his best midfield, or even his best formation. 

Part of me just thinks the guy is coward, both in terms of his formations and constantly awarding undeserving caps to young players, it's almost like he is hanging on to the "building for the future" excuse. 

I'll never be convinced that this guy is a manager. Absolute chancer.  

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Kane MOTM for me so far. By a pretty big distance.

He is truly a world class player.

As much as I like him and I don't think out toothless Ness is hisbproblem I don't think he's instantly clicked with grealish and Mount

sometimes looks a bit lost on the ball

Â