Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

It's harder to press in a 4231.

Ive seen a lot of people saying they want to have two holders but press the game better. It's very difficult to do both, that's why all the top sides have moved away from 4231 and towards 433.

• Thanks 1

Most fans only have a very narrow picture of a football game. They only want to see the flashy stuff. Hence why they likes Traore and hates Trez.

Trez is our best presser in the team and has been absolutely vital in our great start and us defending from the front.. But i don't expect most people to notice his great off the ball work.

Traore may have a bit more flair but i think he will make us a worse side because Trez off the ball work often results in us winning the ball back in good areas and getting a good foothold in games. Would be happy to be proved wrong and Traore putting a shift in defensively.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 2

Nice to see Taore in ,. Like to see him, Ollie and Jack swapping positions to try and throw the opposition's attempts to contain Jack. Needs a big performance from the midfield 3 as well , they have to all close down when we haven't got the ball. UTV 

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

It’s quite evident that Trez’ pressing has been noticed, just look in his thread. This isn’t some Tifo football level analysis you’ve found which has gone over everyone’s heads. But when he isn’t at that level defensively he might as well not be on the pitch, like the Leeds game.

The Leeds game was a collective failure. Not the fault of one player. Poor tactics and gameplan.

It's very evident to me Trez has turned into our new scapegoat, even after all those great games and him almost single handedly keeping us up with his goals.

When i watched Traore against Stoke i saw a player not really that interested or bothered and i think that is a trait of him. I'd take a hard working, intensive pressing Trez over a little bit more flash any day of the week. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Come on Bertie prove them wrong!

Although I imagine there is virtually nothing he can do to change some people’s opinions. Even though this is first PL start some have written him off completely. 

Has he been called lazy yet? That will come soon.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I’ve honestly no idea how good Troare is at pressing, however my gut instinct tells me it will be pretty good and a lot faster then Trez. 

To be fair to Trez I think he is quite quick,  but I expect Traore to be more skilful and more of a threat (which can sometimes have defensive benefits too) imo.

Edited by alreadyexists

I’m assuming the formation is going to be:

Emi 

Cash     Konsa     Mings     Targett

Luiz 

McGinn              Barkley 

Traore             Watkins        Jack

• Like 2