How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

Prediction  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many points?

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/20 at 19:00

I think we'll get 9-11.

I'd be fine with any number as long as the reasons for that number back it up...e.g. if we only get 5/6 but had a major injury then it exemplifies everything that most sane people are worried about...lack of depth.

If we get a run of unlucky/ crap VAR decisions that change the course of a game or two it's outside our control but would hope Dean can pick us up to not be too impacted by them outside the game in which they occur.

Realistically though, with no excuses,  8 has to be the minimum target, and we would rightfully expect more.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Oh rest assured this will absolutely happen, sadly.

I agree, it maybe 5 games, it maybe 12 but when that happens we have to take it on the chin just like we are enjoying this brilliant run and look at the season at the end and assess that hopefully we have moved massively forward on the whole and continue to grow every season and not the usual lines of Smith has lost the dressing room rubbish that we get or he's tactically naive or whatever.  I just take the average over the season mostly and then only during the games do I wildly over celebrate wins and on the opposite result I shout at every family member when we lose, then I am a vicious sarcastic after the game and then I go into a sulk about an hour later for the rest of the night.....

Slightly worries me in terms of expectations that most people are saying 10+ points. 2ppg over a season is 76 points... I don’t think we will be close to that. Optimistically we can hope we keep winning games but I don’t think we should expect Champions League form from this point.

That said, there are a few games in there we would have been targeting for wins... if we get 8 points from 5 and are on 20 from 9 games we will still be (I would guess) in the top two or three. That’s how well we have started.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Think we might struggle on goal front so going with +32

I was thinking that!  If Watkins hasnt scored 20+  PL goals by 9 games, he should be considered a very poor buy

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Slightly worries me in terms of expectations that most people are saying 10+ points. 2ppg over a season is 76 points... I don’t think we will be close to that. Optimistically we can hope we keep winning games but I don’t think we should expect Champions League form from this point.

That said, there are a few games in there we would have been targeting for wins... if we get 8 points from 5 and are on 20 from 9 games we will still be (I would guess) in the top two or three. That’s how well we have started.

I think people saying over 10 are basing it purely on the fixtures.  As you say in your last paragraph, there are a few games there we would be targeting to win after a bad start. So logic says we should be hoping and possibly expecting 9+. And I hope people making that prediction appreciate it is predicated on us avoiding injuries and bad luck. 

• Like 1

All are winnable games, all are losable. Southampton and Arsenal are definitely losable. Leeds and West Ham are really tricky. Brighton could be the easiest. But it could go either way. 
So one at a time please. All of my focus is on Leeds now. Hope we win that then we think about Southampton. 

Edited by abdulaziz1

Before the season started I would have gone for (realistically) something like 8 points:-

- Leeds (H) 1

- Southampton (H) 3

- Arsenal (A) 0

- Brighton (H) 3

- West Ham (A) 1

We have proved already that every game is winnable, therefore we should (& we will) be aiming for 15 points - But it's impossible really to predict any game at the moment with solid conviction.

I would be extremely delighted though with 9 points, comprising of 2 wins (starting Friday) and 3 draws. 

In fact, call me mad, but I would prefer the above outcome than gaining 10 points and losing Friday. Yes, I detest Leeds.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think people saying over 10 are basing it purely on the fixtures.  As you say in your last paragraph, there are a few games there we would be targeting to win after a bad start. So logic says we should be hoping and possibly expecting 9+. And I hope people making that prediction appreciate it is predicated on us avoiding injuries and bad luck. 

Agreed but these are not the worst teams in the league we are playing - some good sides in there! Still, no reason to doubt Deano can keep things going. We did ten in a row in promotion season!

• Like 1

I've gone for 9-11. Even though that probably won't happen and our great start will come to an end eventually, there's a lot of optimism around at the moment and I want to ride that for as long as possible. It's been a long time coming for us, might as well enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I've gone for 9-11. Even though that probably won't happen and our great start will come to an end eventually, there's a lot of optimism around at the moment and I want to ride that for as long as possible. It's been a long time coming for us, might as well enjoy it.

It does, but it's how it comes to an end that matters. A loss to a Leeds team, severely weakened by injuries, would be worse than losing away to Arsenal or an in form West Ham for example. 

If we maintain the streak against Leeds,  we should continue against Southampton,  and then we go away to Arsenal with no fear,  no worries and no major concern if we did lose. 

Â