How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

Prediction  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many points?

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/20 at 19:00

We've come a long way with incredible 12 points after 4 games.

We are breaking records, 2nd in the table, and our next 5 games could determine whether we will continue to be in the discussion of the top 6 or if it will be a mid table season.

The fixtures coming up are:

- Leeds (H)

- Southampton (H)

- Arsenal (A)

- Brighton (H)

- West Ham (A)

I think this team is capable in getting all 15 points. Question is if they can stay focused enough and keep their form and if we can avoid any injuries on key players.

What do you think?

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We've come a long way with incredible 12 points after 4 games.

We are breaking records, 2nd in the table, and our next 5 games could determine whether we will continue to be in the discussion of the top 6 or if it will be a mid table season.

The fixtures coming up are:

- Leeds (H)

- Southampton (H)

- Arsenal (A)

- Brighton (H)

- West Ham (A)

I think this team is capable in getting all 15 points. Question is if they can stay focused enough and keep their form and if we can avoid any injuries on key players.

What do you think?

Ever the optimist eh? :D 

I would take double figures myself and that does also include 15. ;) 

• Like 1

The answer depends entirely on injuries but assuming we don't have any and after the insane start we've had I'd love us to get 60 points this season which is just under 1.6ppg.

If we can average over that for every 5 game stretch this season we'll absolutely smash 60 points.

That would mean we'd require 8 or more points from these 5 games but after our first four games even if we reverted to the expected mean a bit and only got 6-8 we'd still be on track.

Being cautiously optimistic but I think with the way we're playing:

Leeds (h) - W

Southampton (h) - W

Arsenal (a) - L

Brighton (h) - W

Spam (a) - D

So I voted 9-11 with 10 points. I'd be a bit disappointed with 6-8 and anything below that is poor. 

Looking at our next 10 games, there is a good possibility we could have 30+ points after 14 matches. That would be incredible if so. But the games get much tougher in the second half of the season, so important we keep winning now to gain momentum. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Is home advantage still actually a thing this season?

fair point! It'll be interesting to see how much difference when the stattos of the world start doing their comparisons of lockdown v normal results

31 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Is home advantage still actually a thing this season?

I think that it must have a psychological advantage on players. They just feel at home as opposed to a place where they might have been only a few times in their lives before.

If someone asked you to cook your favourite dish at your mate's house it would be a little different than cooking it at home. 

• Like 1

There all winnable games, think we’ll get around 10 points from those games. If we just had those 3-4 quality players on the bench to rotate the squad, you would be really confident. It’s just keeping those excitement levels in the squad week in week out.

I think there needs to be a level head here sometimes, we have a run of teams that arent the top end but also winning the first 9 games is very very unlikely.  We've had a fantastic start so anything in double figures of points would be an exceptional return for me.  Even if we got three wins that means we are on 21 points after a quarter of the season.  I still think scrapping into the top 10 would be an incredible achievement this season and I still think we are more likely to be 14th than 6th at the end of the season.  Maybe a bit of downer on the start of the season but we've only played four games so far, let's take each game as it comes........otherwise this is where people start calling for Smith's head if he has a ten game bad streak, which given our depth strength could easily happen.  I'm going to enjoy each game at the moment, and not think long term until we have a quantity of games under our belt to assess where we are and that will more like 20 games.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

otherwise this is where people start calling for Smith's head if he has a ten game bad streak, which given our depth strength could easily happen

Oh rest assured this will absolutely happen, sadly.

Â