How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

Prediction  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many points?

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/20 at 19:00

13 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Before the season started I would have gone for (realistically) something like 8 points:-

- Leeds (H) 1

- Southampton (H) 3

- Arsenal (A) 0

- Brighton (H) 3

- West Ham (A) 1

We have proved already that every game is winnable, therefore we should (& we will) be aiming for 15 points - But it's impossible really to predict any game at the moment with solid conviction.

I would be extremely delighted though with 9 points, comprising of 2 wins (starting Friday) and 3 draws. 

In fact, call me mad, but I would prefer the above outcome than gaining 10 points and losing Friday. Yes, I detest Leeds.

So you hate Leeds more than you love Villa? So much so that you'd prefer us to take 2 less points as long as we don't lose to Leeds?

I'd rather lose 150-0 to them if it meant us picking up more points overall.

34 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

So you hate Leeds more than you love Villa? So much so that you'd prefer us to take 2 less points as long as we don't lose to Leeds?

Would be a big blow to our GD

• Haha 3

I don't care how but unbeaten should be the aim. My preference is of course wins peppered with draws. I think the Leeds game, irrespective of result will help us away to Arsenal, so that game likely sets the tempo.

Over 10 points from a reasonably challenging run as such, means we're no joke, looking well up that table through to Xmas and potentially much further on. Remember we have little external baggage in a strange time. Being in Europe this, of all seasons, is incredibly detrimental. Make hay while this bizarre hay shines.

I now look forward to scraping 4 points out.

Edited by ccfcman

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I did say "call me mad!" ;) 

Oh no I definitely love Villa more than I hate Leeds - Though I can see why my statement may suggest otherwise.

It wasn't 2 points less though, it was 1 point - though it might not have been clear on my post. 

For clarity I meant I would prefer 2 x wins & 3 x draws (beating Leeds) rather than 3 x wins, 1 x draw & a defeat to Leeds.

For me knocking their lot down a peg or two, whilst remaining unbeaten in 9 games would be fantastic. And the "invincibles" record will still be in sight ;) 

I get that the extra point may be vital come the end of the season - so there's no real logic but I do know A LOT of Leeds fans so this does affect my mindset!

Hopefully we get 15 points anyhow :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We lets be honest barring liverpool and leicester the rest of our fixtures were not that bad.

We should have got more than zero points in the last two

Before the games, I'd have agreed but then, battering Liverpool and beating Leicester probably wasn't on the cards.

If we'd lost to Liverpool and Leicester but beaten Leeds and Southampton, I think people would be more upbeat even though we'd be on the same points and have missed out on one of our best results in recent history.

Â