Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

You can only judge every game on its merit.....trying to predict outcomes, is extremely difficult.

Our early games are in so much contrast to the last 4....its so hard to predict.

• Like 1

Into the bottom half we go....

I said recently that we couldn't afford to keep losing to the smaller teams as before you know it, you're down near the bottom.

To have had the chance to go top on a couple of occasions recently and to now be in the bottom half and sliding is really frustrating. 

We could have gone 4th last week too.

This postponement really couldn't have come at a worse time. We needed 3 points this weekend badly. We could be 15th by the time we kick off at Wolves next week. Who could be in the top 4 themselves. 

Edited by One For The Road

Yep we are faliing big and hard down the table.

Need to pick up some form soon.

I don't care how well you think we are playing. Losing football games can quickly become a habit and it's during times like these we need to see the right mentality from the players

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Two wins v Burnley, WBA, Palace will likely be enough to get us back in top half. Hopefully draw the other and also get something v Wolves and 23 points by Boxing day would be pretty good.

Big two weeks ahead as we don't get many wins and we then have rock solid hard fixture list late December and pretty much through January.

Still think we've got a good chance of finishing top 10 but we obviously need to get a win or two soon.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

3 points off 4th

9 points off 17th 

With games in hand

Proper head wobbler this thread 

Yeah let's ignore the fact we have lost 4 out of 5 and are sliding down the table. We were a point from going top at one point recently. We are on a terrible run and that's a fact we cannot ignore. 

The game at Wolves is massive. Lose that and our good start will be officially wiped out.

8 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Yeah let's ignore the fact we have lost 4 out of 5 and are sliding down the table. We were a point from going top at one point recently. We are on a terrible run and that's a fact we cannot ignore. 

The game at Wolves is massive. Lose that and our good start will be officially wiped out.

Yes we are

No it won't 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yes we are

No it won't 

Really? 5 losses out of the opening 10 games with all of them coming in the last 6 matches would constitute a good start in your eyes?

In no possible world would losing to Leeds, Southampton, Brighton, West Ham and Wolves in the first 10 games be classified as a good start.

Just now, One For The Road said:

Really? 5 losses out of the opening 10 games with all of them coming in the last 6 matches would constitute a good start in your eyes?

Switch round who we won and lost against and yes its been fine

Then add in just how **** awful the bottom sides are whilst judging us on our football rather than our results and yes we've been pretty good, big improvement on last year and we'll be perfectly safe, we need to tweak the balance between attack and defence and we have a weak squad which will cause us problems at times but there are at least 5 worse teams than us, we just need to stay confident and find some form again, that's why it's a shame they didn't make a weakened Newcastle play last night 

No knicker wetting here  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No knicker wetting here  

Better fan than you insults are not good way to have a debate.

Nobody mentioned anything about "knicker wetting," so lay off that crap. 

My point was that we are in fact sliding down the table after what looked to be a promising start. Thats it.

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We’d have won 5 out of 10 games. At that rate we’d win 19 games this season and finish on 57 points.

I don’t think we’ve been particularly lucky to win any of those 5 games whereas some of the losses easily could and probably should have been victories.

To put this in context we finished on 35 points last season winning a grand total of 9 games all season.

I’d say it’s been a solid start to the season and we’ve shown real signs of progress from last season.

Talking about relegation at this point when we sit 9 points clear of the bottom three who have managed two wins between them in 30 games is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

I think I agree with both of the above. It’s too soon to be too worried, but the form of the team is relegation form and that’s concerning. The hope is just that we turn it around before we find ourselves properly in the scrap once again. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

We’d have won 5 out of 10 games. At that rate we’d win 19 games this season and finish on 57 points.

I don’t think we’ve been particularly lucky to win any of those 5 games whereas some of the losses easily could and probably should have been victories.

To put this in context we finished on 35 points last season winning a grand total of 9 games all season.

I’d say it’s been a solid start to the season and we’ve shown real signs of progress from last season.

Talking about relegation at this point when we sit 9 points clear of the bottom three who have managed two wins between them in 30 games is ridiculous. 

I never mentioned or talked about relegation once. I simply mentioned in this thread that we were sliding down the table at an alarming rate. Which is in fact true.

And 5 defeats in 6 games, (if we lose to Wolves as per my point) is relegation form. Especially losing to those 5 teams. Thats my point.

We desperately need to avoid losing that game.

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

City moved from 11th to 4th today. That would have been us if our game wasnt postponed last night. Football Anxiety is the worst

The issue is more about our form than anything else. City haven't lost 4 out 5 games as far as I know. 

Our form is awful.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Do we have to forfeit the points then?

The issue is more about our form than anything else. City haven't lost 4 out 5 games as far as I know. 

Our form is awful.

Agree with that

The results have been bad, the performances have been OK apart from leeds

Our form is awful.

Of course it is. 3 points from 15 is a poor return but you cant say we’ve played badly. It would be more worrying if we had. Screwed royally in the last 2. Saints was a freak game. I think we’ve been incredibly unfortunate.