Ross Barkley

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

McGinn is twice the player as Barkley who was just lazy, something nobody can say about McGinn. I don't care how good he's been a Luton while they've been shipping goals for fun, he's bang average and 30 years old. 

Mcginn was so lazy during that period. Something I was saying about him. He did highlight presses but he so rarely tracked back or stayed solid. And his cardio was terrible blowing chunks and barely moving before the half ended. 

English which I think we need for European registration purposes. Will be coming as a back-up in central positions which we desperately need. Plays deeper now. 

Can’t see an issue to be honest. 

Talk of Callum O’Hare too, which will be purely to tick a box in the “home grown”

category. 

We’ll need to make some astute signings like that hose two imo. 

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No. He only had a year deal 

Well he might also be a free transfer as well. It's unclear how exactly his contract is structured. 

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Danny Devito GIFs | Tenor

Wow. I really hope the bookies and the ITK's are wrong on this one. 30 years old, been a bit injury prone in the past and is only going to get worse, and not known for working hard. 4 year deal is ridiculous too. He looked okay in a poor Luton team filled with lower league quality players. That's it.

Sheesh who is saying 4yr deal?!!

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Mcginn was so lazy during that period. Something I was saying about him. He did highlight presses but he so rarely tracked back or stayed solid. And his cardio was terrible blowing chunks and barely moving before the half ended. 

You ain't going to convince me resigning Barkley is a good idea. Period. 

His Ball Recoveries and Aerials Won are big plusses… but I suspect the main reason Unai is interested is to aid Ball Retention. As well as being a low cost, high value deal…(hopefully it’s a short term one).

It’s quite clear and obvious that Unai values more technical players over anything else… we have to be able to pass and keep the ball as well as possible.

Control and structure is always what he is looking for… if we can add a bit of power and tenacity to that… all good.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

You ain't going to convince me resigning Barkley is a good idea. Period. 

I don't think anyone needs to convince anyone, as Unai seems to have made his mind up.

• Like 1

Inexpensive, experienced pro who can start League Cup and early round FA Cup games, and cover for injuries. He had a great season and Emery will make him even better!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Control and structure is always what he is looking for… if we can add a bit of power and tenacity to that… all good.

That is a good point. Our midfield has been bullied around a bit too much this season and our players have been sitting on their ass too much wanting a free kick they were never going to get in the PL.

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Thought I read it on one of the itk posts

Wow that’s a big No for that length of time but I’m completely on board with the signing even at double his Luton games he’s still 30k a week cheaper than Donk and twice the player on this years performances. Really a no brainer.

Especially if the report I just read stating it’s a free.

Was surprised initially but it seems to make sense after thinking it through. We need bodies, especially if we plan to actually compete in the League and FA Cups for once. He’s an upgrade on Donk and Chambers and should be able to hit the ground running. Every time I watched Luton this year he impressed me, and most of all in Unai I trust. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Just heard this thought 'I wonder if we're going to sell Tielemans for FFP reasons making a profit on what was a a free transfer, and Barkley will be his replacement'.

Maybe it's Luiz we are selling if Arsenal are interested are willing to offer big money. That would sort out any PSR issues and leave us with Tielemans + Barkley for that position. Not ideal, but would give Emery more room for manoeuvre this summer.

He's been excellent this season and we could have definitely done with a player like him in the last few weeks of the season.

He's not going to be a regular, he'll just add some depth to the bench.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

His Ball Recoveries and Aerials Won are big plusses… but I suspect the main reason Unai is interested is to aid Ball Retention. As well as being a low cost, high value deal…(hopefully it’s a short term one).

It’s quite clear and obvious that Unai values more technical players over anything else… we have to be able to pass and keep the ball as well as possible.

Emery may see Barkley as a ten who can put pressure on Diaby to perform better?

Just now, striker said:

Emery may see Barkley as a ten who can put pressure on Diaby to perform better?

Or a better option than Kalvin Philips 

Â